• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
My son and I attended the Dallas event yesterday at AT&T Stadium. The highlight was definitely the ride-along. They had two trucks going - an Antimatter Blue Pro and a Rapid Red XLT. I got the XLT and had fully intended to check out the interior up close but the ride was fast and over with in less than a minute. It was like riding a roller coaster. Lots of squealing tires! The drivers clearly had the course down and were giving us a thrill. The course was about a 1/3 mile based on Google maps. I did note the range was 181 when we started and 179 when we finished.

In another tent there was a cutaway that was cool. Things I noticed were that coming out of the motor was a shaft that went down at an angle to each wheel. There were rubber boots at each end so some type of coupler to get the motor axle to each wheel. In other words the motor axle is higher than the wheel axle. The battery compartment is tiered. The back half of the compartment is higher. This is where the knowledge of the reps came into question. I asked one rep if this was a SR or ER battery. He said he didn't know but that the SR and ER batteries were different shapes and that each one was balanced for the frame. He than asked his associate if that was right. He referred to his associate as "the Dr." and that he was really the expert. The Dr. said something completely different! He said the shape of the pack was the same and that for the SR the upper half was empty of cells and that for the ER that's where the cells were. The first guy said "Wow, I just learned something". This guy was very friendly and had worked at all the tours so it wasn't his first time.

In the same tent as the cutaway they had a Lariat in Atlas Blue. The frunk was cool but it was smaller than I imagined. Still very roomy but I guess it looked bigger in photos and videos. It wasn't just me. My son and a couple of other attendees said the same thing before I agreed. Visually it did not look like you could fit a set of golf clubs there if you had a long driver. No big deal, I have been used to taking the driver out of the bag when stroring clubs in a trunk before. In the back was a panel that lifted off to expose a 12V battery.

It was overcast so the Antimatter Blue was definitely coming off as black from a distance. I heard folks repeatably call it the black one. Since it was on the track you couldn't get up close to see the blue.

In another tent they had an E-Transit. In the same tent were two Sync 4A 15-inch screens you could play with. I wish I had taken a video of all the settings and controls, there were quite a few options. There was also a display of the B&O system (no speakers, just a graphic as far I could tell, we didn't stop there), and several things set up for the fleet dealers earlier in the day that were abandoned.
Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
The shaft with the boots are CV joints - they are on any car that doesn't have a solid axle. It allows the shaft to move up and down and change angle as the vehicle drives.

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
My daughter took us to the F1 race in Austin this past weekend and then as an added bonus took us to the “Ford experience” that was set up in the middle of downtown Austin (an area about two city blocks cordoned off adjacent to a park) they were doing bronco rides and Mach e rides, there were tremors, ICE mustangs etc. similar to the Ford display at auto shows, but they had a silver, platinum, lightning on a turntable in a blow up tent affair that they did a very splashy 7 minute presentation with; I love my powerboost and I don’t see myself buying a lightning but I really dig the tailgate lighting arrangement! (that little cutout section in the LED light bar on the tailgate is the reverse light array according to the reps on hand, looks like it would be good for zone lighting as well!) I also noticed that the interior color was grey leather which was interesting since only black and Carmelo are available interior color choices on the ICE Platinum
Ford F-150 Lightning Impressions from Dallas F-150 Lightning Tour Event D9898BB9-33CF-4E1F-8F9A-163ACDB405A6
Ford F-150 Lightning Impressions from Dallas F-150 Lightning Tour Event F61DF77B-A5BC-42A1-A9BD-229E2FDCECAB
Ford F-150 Lightning Impressions from Dallas F-150 Lightning Tour Event 673E3DD2-E005-42D0-917A-0DA5DD42D681
Ford F-150 Lightning Impressions from Dallas F-150 Lightning Tour Event B3E4766D-6266-41C2-951B-471CB2B51AE7

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
That tailgate is nice!

Sponsored
OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Looks like the same truck they had at the State Fair of Texas earlier this month. It was also a silver Platinum. Too bad we couldn't get close to it.
Ford F-150 Lightning Impressions from Dallas F-150 Lightning Tour Event IMG_6475

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I know some people are really opinionated about it, but I love the way those light bars look!

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
My daughter took us to the F1 race in Austin this past weekend and then as an added bonus took us to the “Ford experience” that was set up in the middle of downtown Austin (an area about two city blocks cordoned off adjacent to a park) they were doing bronco rides and Mach e rides, there were tremors, ICE mustangs etc similar to the Ford display at auto shows, but they had a silver, platinum, lightning on a turntable in a blow up tent affair that they did a very splashy 7 minute presentation with, I love my powerboost and I don’t see myself buying a lightning but I really dig the tailgate lighting arrangement!(that little cutout section in the LED light at on the tailgate is the reverse light array according to the reps on hand, looks like it would be good for zone lighting as well!) I also noticed that the interior color was grey leather which was interesting since only black and Carmelo are available interior color choices on the ICE Platinum
D9898BB9-33CF-4E1F-8F9A-163ACDB405A6.jpeg
F61DF77B-A5BC-42A1-A9BD-229E2FDCECAB.jpeg
673E3DD2-E005-42D0-917A-0DA5DD42D681.jpeg
B3E4766D-6266-41C2-951B-471CB2B51AE7.jpeg

I live in Austin and went to the same ford show. It was nice to see everything in person. Good timing for ford with F1 in town.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Looks like the same truck they had at the State Fair of Texas earlier this month. It was also a silver Platinum. Too bad we couldn't get close to it.
IMG_6475.jpeg
I listened to the rep at the state fair give the talk about the Bronco and I asked a few questions. She said they were supposed to have gotten a second lightning that people would have been able to get into but it didn't show up. I'm guessing because the interior isn't complete or in the right specifications.

When I was at the fair I did take a look at the mach-e and the larger f150 screens. Honestly I think I like the landscape screen that is more Integrated over the portrait orientation large tablet.
I also signed up to get the $50 for taking a test drive so I'll go check out the interior of the standard truck in more detail sometime in the next few weeks.

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
We were signed up to go to the Lightning event at Driveway Austin, but the latest time slot was 5PM and there was no way we could get through traffic from the track without missing some of the race... Great weekend to do it, but don't book it on the tail end of a Grand Prix! Unfortunately we missed our opportunity to get to ride in one.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
We were signed up to go to the Lightning event at Driveway Austin, but the latest time slot was 5PM and there was no way we could get through traffic from the track without missing some of the race... Great weekend to do it, but don't book it on the tail end of a Grand Prix! Unfortunately we missed our opportunity to get to ride in one.
It's was impressive but honestly not that big of a deal. You got a maybe 60 second ride in the thing. It's quick but I'm never going to be driving like that. I'd have rather had a course setup with some different terrain types or something to see how it is actually going to handle in the real world. My wife just wants time to see the interior so we'll probably go check out a standard truck soon and maybe try to find a dealer that has a mach-e for test drives

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I think once people see them on the road and at night, they’re really going to like the front and rear lighting which is becoming more and more of a signature for all model vehicles.
Sponsored