• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Installed JL Audio 8" Powered MicroSub+ behind rear seat - Lariat ER

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I too am afraid I'm going down a rabbit hole. My plan is the 10" JL Audio PowerWedge and some Imfinity Reference 6 1/2 speakers. I hope that gives me something good enough to leave it alone.
You're half way there, you can do it. It's not too hard to take the factory amp and sub out :)
Sponsored

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Any link to the thread?

So far, this is the only working off the shelf solution I'm aware of. Tbh I'm surprised no one's done the kicker sub yet, considering it's an OEM option.
Holy smokes will this oem kicker work with the lightning? Is there a sub already back there with regular b&o?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Holy smokes will this oem kicker work with the lightning? Is there a sub already back there with regular b&o?
There is a sub back there with the standard B&O. At least they call it a sub, it isn't much.

Ford F-150 Lightning Installed JL Audio 8" Powered MicroSub+ behind rear seat - Lariat ER IMG_2077

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I was hoping the Kicker would work. But the description doesn’t mention the 8 speaker system. But there was someone here who was going to have it installed, I can’t remember who though. Maybe it didn’t work out.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Transforms the audio experience and doesn't interfere with under seat storage. Replaces the stock subwoofer. Power fed from 12v battery. It really is amazing bang for buck. The sub output level control is installed on the steering wheel column. I highly recommend this solution to anyone wanting to improve the audio experience with minimal work.

1670726848095.jpeg
One more question. I've read that that the stock "sub" is vented outside the cab. Do we need to cover or plug the hole when removing it>?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

kvasiir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
OP
OP

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored
OP
OP

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
One more question. I've read that that the stock "sub" is vented outside the cab. Do we need to cover or plug the hole when removing it>?
Thanks for asking the question, I had noticed the hole and then completely forgot about it.

Reactions: GDN

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I was hoping the Kicker would work. But the description doesn’t mention the 8 speaker system. But there was someone here who was going to have it installed, I can’t remember who though. Maybe it didn’t work out.
I was contemplating getting the Kicker but read it was only 100w RMS, and don't really see the value in that for what it costs. Sounds like you can do everything with FORScan but someone mentioned they bought the 2 day FDRS license to do the Sound System Upgrade.

Out of all the random stereo installs and basic amp wiring installs I've done, I have no clue where to grab the high level signals for these powered subs without snipping wires.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I was contemplating getting the Kicker but read it was only 100w RMS, and don't really see the value in that for what it costs. Sounds like you can do everything with FORScan but someone mentioned they bought the 2 day FDRS license to do the Sound System Upgrade.

Out of all the random stereo installs and basic amp wiring installs I've done, I have no clue where to grab the high level signals for these powered subs without snipping wires.
Go check post #37. SGS will confirm, but I think that is all you need, along with power.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
OP
OP

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning

Ask the SGS guys if they have a plug and play harness that you could buy? Seems like they have a lot of knowledge.
Sponsored