• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Issues with trucks delivered recently (modem/OTA)?

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Anyone else having similar issues like what this video describes regarding modem and auto updates?
Sponsored

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I haven't seen an update, yet. My display says no updates are available.

Sad to hear about the issues. I wonder if it wouldn't be better to reduce the level of customization on these vehicles. Fewer surprises on delivery, less confusion on what options are supposed to appear, economies of scale that could reduce the cost of providing consistent options across production, etc.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Again, it feels like with all the flowers being thrown @Ford Motor Company about this truck they have skipped the most important part for an EV, software and getting fixes out quick. @Ford Motor Company needs to have publication call then out on how terrible their software updates are and how some of these trucks are starting to get ransoms codes that dealers have no clue on how to fix them.

I am starting to think my modem crapped out and it’s why I am also not getting updates even though they are available. Automatic on, schedule on, both off, strong Wi-Fi, it doesn’t matter.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
I haven’t received updates either, string WiFi set every night for 1am

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
I would say to reach out to the Ford Over-The-Air (OTA) team at 833-926-3233 or 833-389-0848. They are available "8:00AM -11:00 PM EST (Mon - Fri) 8:00AM - 8:00 EST PM (Sat).

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
No updates for me, but it seems I have the latest known software. Just picked it up last Friday, out of town at the moment. Everything is working fine <knock wood>.

Did have some modem/ FordPass issue when I took delivery. Couldn't get FordPass to connect and activate with the truck, dealership people and I tried all the onboard resets and any tricks they could think of. Had to call and the FordPass support person said something needed to be reset on their end. She did whatever that was and had me refresh the app, then it all worked. Got my BlueCruise ready notification and all that within a minute or two.

...only have 1000 miles on the truck so far. Long way to go still.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
When did your truck arrive at the dealer in WA?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
My truck didn't arrive yet just sharing the video in case others or future me got the problem 😅
Thanks, wasn't sure about that and did not want to prematurely mark you delivered on my tracker

Reactions: GDN

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I couldn't watch that video more than 3 minutes total. I understand that he is disappointed in having outdated maps, and a new vehicle shouldn't be delivered with updates needing to be done. But his constant whining and exhaling like a spoiled child ruined any compassion I would have for the situation.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Again, it feels like with all the flowers being thrown @Ford Motor Company about this truck they have skipped the most important part for an EV, software and getting fixes out quick. @Ford Motor Company needs to have publication call then out on how terrible their software updates are and how some of these trucks are starting to get ransoms codes that dealers have no clue on how to fix them.

I am starting to think my modem crapped out and it’s why I am also not getting updates even though they are available. Automatic on, schedule on, both off, strong Wi-Fi, it doesn’t matter.
When you go to your ford.com acct do you see any updates available? My acct says I am "up to date", and "no updates available" despite my last update being Nov 16.

I would assume if I had a modem problem I would see an update "available" from Ford and just not be able to download. I *think* I am running 3.5.3, I do not see 3.5.4 available to me yet...

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I couldn't watch that video more than 3 minutes total. I understand that he is disappointed in having outdated maps, and a new vehicle shouldn't be delivered with updates needing to be done. But his constant whining and exhaling like a spoiled child ruined any compassion I would have for the situation.
TBH I found it cringeworthy as well.

"I used my limited bandwidth to order the truck"

Dude, at least you had internet while deployed. I've been there, done that many years ago. It just came across as whining to me. I bet he gets upset when the server at Applebee's doesn't give him a free drink....

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
When you go to your ford.com acct do you see any updates available? My acct says I am "up to date", and "no updates available" despite my last update being Nov 16.

I would assume if I had a modem problem I would see an update "available" from Ford and just not be able to download. I *think* I am running 3.5.3, I do not see 3.5.4 available to me yet...
Go here and put your VIN, it’ll tell you if there is a Power update or Sync. At least that what the Ford Rep informed me.

https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Finally took a minute to watch, have to agree with some of the whining. OTOH, you pay this kind of money for a truck, you expect it to work. I think the dealership that sold him the truck failed during PDI to verify a few things and make sure all the software was up to date. That could have tipped them off to some of the other issues had they done their part. Beyond that, I think it sucks he has problems, but schedule the truck for service. Which I'm sure he's done. I wonder if he'll post an update video after the problems are addressed...?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Based on two years of Mach-E ownership, I’ve learned that Ford sends OTA updates by VIN, and it’s virtually impossible for us mere mortals to figure out which vehicles get updates and when. My car got a flurry of updates at the end of October which put me at the latest available. I haven’t gotten any since and am now way behind the latest. I’m pretty sure I don’t have a modem or connectivity issue - it’s simply how Ford operates. When it’s my turn, I’ll get more updates.
Sponsored