• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

It's worse - bed camera deleted now

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Old Title: Could be worse - bed camera deleted from ICE trucks

EDIT: Tim just announced on his Friday member livestream that a new Ford memo came out and this delete now applies to Lightning.

Original post:
I posted this over in the ICE forum and they are understandably upset. Tim B. read a Ford memo on his live stream last night that the camera in the high-mounted stop lamp was being deleted with option 63R for a $175 credit. Applies to F150 XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited and Tremor that have the 360 camera package that have not been built starting Jan 26.

I know Ford announced that the Lightning would be prioritized for constrained parts so hopefully this means we still get the camera since the Lightning wasn't mentioned. Hopefully it doesn't get worse :oops:.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
So it got worse. Tim just announced on his Friday member livestream that a new Ford memo came out and this delete now applies to Lightning in addition to previously announced ICE F150..

First post and title edited.

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This has really just become an embarrassment on Ford that they can't manage their supply chain. Millions of camera modules are built likely weekly. Phones have many each, every PC made these days have them, Teslas have at least 9 each. These trucks should have 5 or more.

For Ford to be the one coming up short and having to pull these cameras really is inexcusable. Just how big is Ford and just how many do they buy to not be able to control their suppliers.

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
This has really just become an embarrassment on Ford that they can't manage their supply chain.
Completely agree. I wonder if this is an impact of all the jobs they cut last year and the Model-e restructuring. Too much (still bureaucratic) work left for those still there so things fall through the cracks or become de-prioritized. I worked for a few decades at a Fortune 100 company and layoffs really do have an impact on your product.

Reactions: GDN

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
What further surprises me is that the deletes keep piling up, but no re-adds. You would think that at some point the chips would become available again. Or at least they would put a program in place for those affected to have these options added at a later date.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN