• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Its out on Youtube:

I am not too huge a fan of Jay (given the Conan antics) but a good short video none the less.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
this is a FANtasTIC video with both JIM FARLEY(CEO of Ford) and JAY LENO(CEO of cars(!)), and yes, maybe a car 'hoarder', but CERTAINLY someone who KNOWS about vehicles!

Jay is struck by not only the 'normal' nature of the truck, and all the 'regular' stuff a truck can do, but mostly by the POWER, and not only the 'power' when you press the pedal(!), but the POWER that it can give back to us, the 'Frunk' and it's amazing storage and usage potentials, and also the fact that Ford did not try to 'recreate' the wheel in the process - all us 'truck lovers' DO appreciate that.

OP
OP
Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
this is a FANtasTIC video with both JIM FARLEY(CEO of Ford) and JAY LENO(CEO of cars(!)), and yes, maybe a car 'hoarder', but CERTAINLY someone who KNOWS about vehicles!

Jay is struck by not only the 'normal' nature of the truck, and all the 'regular' stuff a truck can do, but mostly by the POWER, and not only the 'power' when you press the pedal(!), but the POWER that it can give back to us, the 'Frunk' and it's amazing storage and usage potentials, and also the fact that Ford did not try to 'recreate' the wheel in the process - all us 'truck lovers' DO appreciate that.
But it was so in-depth, with so much extra detail!

Actually, the only thing I learned was that there was a 4 year development cycle, and there was quite a lot of opposition to it internally. Smart of Farley to push for this.

Other than that, I learned about POWER and the POWER and its a TRUCK with POWER.

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
But it was so in-depth, with so much extra detail!

Actually, the only thing I learned was that there was a 4 year development cycle, and there was quite a lot of opposition to it internally. Smart of Farley to push for this.

Other than that, I learned about POWER and the POWER and its a TRUCK with POWER.
Ford F-150 Lightning Jay Leno's Garage: Ford F-150 Lightning Episode [Mini] NesNintendoGIF

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
I am not too huge a fan of Jay (given the Conan antics) but a good short video none the less.
this is a correct take across the board. Jay Leno is a sh*tbag (not just Conan - ask Letterman):

we better be careful though, or we might incur the wrath of Leno Side Eye:

Ford F-150 Lightning Jay Leno's Garage: Ford F-150 Lightning Episode [Mini] 1653135335832

and with respect to the video, seeing Farley talk to a "car guy" about the process to get the truck made, with the comparison to the EcoBoost, the reference to aluminum, etc., while not talking down to "truck people", was nice. I think it would have been better to show a lower trim because they are showing a $93K Platinum while they are talking about the truck being "affordable", but anyway...

there's sure a lot of bounce showing in part of the driving part of that video. I hope it doesn't actually feel like that when in it.
Ford F-150 Lightning Jay Leno's Garage: Ford F-150 Lightning Episode [Mini] GifGIF
(*)

at the end, Leno mentions that this is a clip of the full episode, so it will be interesting to see what else they talked about. It seems like they hit all the main points.

(*) it was pure luck that Conan was one of the first hits in the GIF search for "Bouncy House" but I had to go with it in this case...

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I've been reading Popular Mechanics since the 70s, and he's been a doing columns there for quite a few years, so I have a lot of respect for his opinions about cars because he knows his stuff from the inside out.

He said this was just a mini episode, and that the full episode will be out in the fall. I guess he didn't want to seem late to the party, so it's better to put out a mini episode now than wait until the fall.
Sponsored