• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Just placed my 2022 Lightning order... Does the dealer have to honor the online price?

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I just got my order link... picked and XLT with the $9k upgrade package for things like heated power seats / power lift gate /etc.

The total came to about $64K.

Here's what's in the confirmation email:
Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2022F-150 LIGHTNING XLT, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time. As part of the quality assurance process at Ford Motor Company, customer orders are only built when all quality checks have been met. This process may lead to a longer wait time for your vehicle to be built, but is designed to help ensure your satisfaction. Throughout the production process, we will keep you updated on the status of your order. You will receive email notifications when your vehicle is:​
  • Scheduled for Production – all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
  • Built – your vehicle has been built, and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped – your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership, and we’ll include the latest estimated arrival date.
Now the big question... There was no mention of the dealer having any extra markup. Does that mean I'm good to go for the price I agreed to?

While I placed the order, I noticed that it said the estimated delivery was about 20 weeks. That's about mid-June. I wonder if that's realistic.
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Goto your reservation via the following link: https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=<ID>

Then scroll down to the bottom and look for "Difference from Total MSRP " if you see 0, then you are good. However the dealer can still charge whatever they want for other fees.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Goto your reservation via the following link: https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=<ID>

Then scroll down to the bottom and look for "Difference from Total MSRP " if you see 0, then you are good. However the dealer can still charge whatever they want for other fees.
Thanks for the link.

Just checked... as of right now, it says ZERO.

Hopefully they don't have the power to change it later.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
The dealer just called to tell me they got my order and asked me to come by to "finish up the order".

I hope this isn't their way of introducing me to some sort of markup.

[Crossing fingers]

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
The dealer just called to tell me they got my order and asked me to come by to "finish up the order".

[Crossing fingers]
Let us know your experience in this.

Sponsored

DJBull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150 XLT

[Crossing fingers]
I was in wave 1, my dealer said the same thing. He just wanted to get a copy of my drivers license, and walk through my build with me to confirm everything was correct before he accepted it in the system. This is a great time to ask them about what dealer fees they have and maybe get that in writing. My dealer assured me MSRP and a doc fee of ~$300, he and I both signed the build sheet with the pricing to "agree" to the MSRP(ask for a copy of the signed version for your records). Obviously they could change it after the fact, but if they are willing to go that far, I'd say they are less likely to screw you later and hopefully it gives you some sort of piece of mind while you wait.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
When I called my dealer yesterday, he told me all the fees over the phone (the usual stuff) and said I never needed to come in. He will send me a PDF of the build sheet via email.

He even accepted it already.

Ford F-150 Lightning Just placed my 2022 Lightning order... Does the dealer have to honor the online price? Screenshot 2022-01-20 160758

DJBull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150 XLT
When I called my dealer yesterday, he told me all the fees over the phone (the usual stuff) and said I never needed to come in. He will send me a PDF of the build sheet via email.

Screenshot 2022-01-20 160758.jpg
I agree, you obviously don't need to go into the dealership for this. I think historically on orders before the Lightning they may have needed a copy of your drivers license, I think my dealer was just being extra cautious. Either way, just wanted to let the OP know that being called into the dealership shouldn't be anything to be concerned about and to use this as an opportunity to go ahead and get something in writing from the dealer.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Just got back.

Everything went well. No markup beyond typical destination charges and fees. I think the fees came out of $1695, dealer charges a few hundred more, then about 5 grand in sales tax.

The dealer did ask for my drivers license and some other things, and he was prepared to delete my original order and start over, but I insisted he check further with the manager because I didn’t want to lose my place in line.

He asked for another $1000 deposit, so that makes $1600 total ($100 in May of last year, $500 on the Ford website, then $1000 today).

He said I was the 2nd order so far, so hopefully I’ll be in the first batch they get. SUPER EXCITED!

From what the website estimated 22 weeks should hit around July.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed

Screenshot 2022-01-20 160758.jpg
Go in to the dealer and fill out a Purchase order with all the numbers! That what you have a signed copy of the price in writing so that they can't pull anything funny at delivery.

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Just got back.

Everything went well. No markup beyond typical destination charges and fees. I think the fees came out of $1695, dealer charges a few hundred more, then about 5 grand in sales tax.

The dealer did ask for my drivers license and some other things, and he was prepared to delete my original order and start over, but I insisted he check further with the manager because I didn’t want to lose my place in line.

He asked for another $1000 deposit, so that makes $1600 total ($100 in May of last year, $500 on the Ford website, then $1000 today).

He said I was the 2nd order so far, so hopefully I’ll be in the first batch they get. SUPER EXCITED!

From what the website estimated 22 weeks should hit around July.
They aren't supposed to request additional deposits per Ford's memo. Go back and check it out. I hope you got a purchase order while you were there.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
They aren't supposed to request additional deposits per Ford's memo. Go back and check it out. I hope you got a purchase order while you were there.
I have a receipt, and that’s about it for paperwork on my end.

It seemed strange to me, but I‘ll make sure I keep the receipt in case they don’t apply it to the final balance.

I checked the Ford website when I got back. There’s no mention of the additional $1000 I made, so I guess they’re not letting Ford know about it.

I keep hearing about markups, but if an order is placed online, I’m wondering where they’re adding those famous markups?

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed

It seemed strange to me, but I‘ll make sure I keep the receipt in case they don’t apply it to the final balance.

I checked the Ford website when I got back. There’s no mention of the additional $1000 I made, so I guess they’re not letting Ford know about it.

I keep hearing about markups, but if an order is placed online, I’m wondering where they’re adding those famous markups?
Here's a screenshot of the memo Ford sent to dealerships. In theory ur fine and it's good that u have paperwork securing ur price, but is it non-refundable? What happens if God forbid u have to cancel or something else happens..now ur out an extra grand? I'd print out the memo and keep it for safe records, maybe question ur dealership why they asked for more money when Ford strictly said no to additional deposits?

Ford F-150 Lightning Just placed my 2022 Lightning order... Does the dealer have to honor the online price? Screenshot_20220120-183345_Chrome

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Oh
Man just re-read ur post and u only have receipt, no purchase order? Not to scare you, but if they are already taking additional deposits that theyre not supposed to, who knows what crap they may pull come delivery time.

I'd use what they did as a tactic. Go back, show then the Ford memo, ask why they are asking for extra deposit because you're not happy with what they did. They may get defensive but you can use the "I'm gonna call Ford to ask about this"..then demand that they give you a purchase order with no funny business. Make sure all the numbers are what u are happy with and have them write no ADM or dealer add-ons. Sign it and you will be in good shape.

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Site is SO SLOW. My guess is there are a lot more orders in wave 2. :(. Hope I actually succeed in getting it placed today.
Sponsored