• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Keep the Lightning or R1T?

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GB FE
Pick up my LE R1T tomorrow and had my Lightning for about 3 months. Leaning towards selling the Lightning. Anyone own both who can comment? 37 year old dad of 1 who really likes the Lightning but like new technology as well. Comfortable ride quality on crappy Dallas roads is one of my top priorities. Any advice?
Sponsored

OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GB FE
Lol. Both are financed and I have way too much of my net worth tied up in vehicles right now. But I knew both would fetch a profit of I wanted. I’ve been on the electric car bandwagon for a while.

Bed size and drunk hardly matter. Only reason I’ve got a truck is because I live in Texas and am overcompensating. Lol.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Lol. Both are financed and I have way too much of my net worth tied up in vehicles right now. But I knew both would fetch a profit of I wanted. I’ve been on the electric car bandwagon for a while.

Bed size and drunk hardly matter. Only reason I’ve got a truck is because I live in Texas and am overcompensating. Lol.
If you live in Texas then you know you need a full-size truck to see the traffic ahead.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

That’s a detail you didn’t post on the Rivian forums. We may have an easy answer on which to keep. Where in Texas? Houston? Dallas? Or Austin?

OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GB FE
Work in Dallas and live in Richardson.

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
Personally, the Rivian is a better fit for me- I don’t need a full size truck and I live in the burbs. That said, I’m going with the Lightning mainly because I’m not sure if Rivian will make it long term- they are loosing billions per quarter and you know the air suspension will have problems in the years to come (they all do). EV competition today is very different than when TESLA started. Secondly, I have an 8 year old and a 9 year old and they much prefer the spacious back seats of a full size truck, the back seats of the Rivian offer less space than a Ford MachE.

Sponsored
OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GB FE
Didn’t know the Rivian had a smaller back seat than a Mach E. That’s what I had before the Lightning. My 4 year old can also climb in and out of the Lightning with ease. And I am a Texan, so bigger is better. Only downside is that it gets tight in the garage with both cars.

I’m very torn. I almost sold the Lightning tonight and now I’m wondering if I keep both for a week and then decide which one stays and which one goes. Don’t want it to cost me $5k as more Lightning’s hit the resale market, but keeping the Rivian and then trying to buy another Lightning would be more expensive.

OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GB FE
FWIW, I also come from a Ford family. What I really want is whatever is Ford’s next gen dedicated EV pickup that’s currently under wraps. Got a feeling it’s going to check all the right boxes for me.

F150LER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Personally after my R1T test drive. I thought for sure I’d sell the ford. Now with the lighting I love that honestly most people don’t notice it.

Also the interior space is huge in Lighting something I’ve grown to really enjoy.

I’m also not the adventure driver, more of work truck driver.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
You've acknowledge the utility of the pickup truck is not a big deal. So it comes down to do you like hauling (showing of your truck to) people or not. Mid Size trucks are for single people or couples with no kids or social life. Full size trucks are for families 2 parents up to 3 kids and people that like to be able to haul other full size adults. (up to 5 adults going golfing or something like that) There is literally no more comfortable vehicle for 5 full size adults then a modern crew cab pickup truck.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
FWIW, I also come from a Ford family. What I really want is whatever is Ford’s next gen dedicated EV pickup that’s currently under wraps. Got a feeling it’s going to check all the right boxes for me.
That won't be available for another 3+ years.
Sponsored