• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lariat Grille Losing paint!! RESOLVED! (Kinda)

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
So less than a month into ownership, I was washing her up and lost a piece of the paint on the grille!! No pressure washer was used this time just a garden hose. Contacted the dealership about a replacement as it seems very likely a manufacturer defect with no luck so far. Am I alone with this small but sad issue?

Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Grille Losing paint!! RESOLVED! (Kinda) 8A1C0674-E311-42E3-95CD-154C0B94C3C0
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’d wrongly assumed this was molded, colored plastic. That’s far too soon for a chip that size!
Definitely paint.
I’m kinda shocked that the Dealership will not replace it. Got a quote from the parts department just to know, $1300 for JUST THE GRILLE! Does not include the ford emblem with inter grated camera system. 🤦🏻‍♂️

guess ill be eagerly waiting for the aftermarket.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Definitely paint.
I’m kinda shocked that the Dealership will not replace it. Got a quote from the parts department just to know, $1300 for JUST THE GRILLE! Does not include the ford emblem with inter grated camera system. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm excited to see what aftermarket companies come up with

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Looks like poor paint manufacturing process - maybe they skipped the primer phase or final coat ?

I'd contact Ford and ask them about it.

Knowing that they want a good product release and betting a lot on this success, i think they will bend over backwards to help you out.

With social media that can ruin companies, it's definitely a good way to see how they handle it.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Definitely paint.

That’s insane. I’d call the Ford marketing department and try to open a case with them too. It’s a bad look with deliveries just starting that the giant panel is chipping that easily. Our ID.4 has a giant flat front too…. no chips after 11k miles.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
So less than a month into ownership, I was washing her up and lost a piece of the paint on the grille!! No pressure washer was used this time just a garden hose. Contacted the dealership about a replacement as it seems very likely a manufacturer defect with no luck so far. Am I alone with this small but sad issue?

8A1C0674-E311-42E3-95CD-154C0B94C3C0.jpeg
Light a fire! That's bull!!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Time for some carbon fiber wrap

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Time for some carbon fiber wrap
I’m no pro with vinyl but I have experience with it, with all the curves and contours, it would be very difficult with one piece. I’m thinking about it tho

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

8A1C0674-E311-42E3-95CD-154C0B94C3C0.jpeg
I’m sure @Ford Motor Company would want to know about this….I definitely don’t want to see this happen to mine one month after receipt……🥺

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Definitely paint.

Im going to gloss Black our Lariat with 3M or Avery automotive wrap so it looks like the Platinum finish. That would take care of yours and upgrade as well!
Sponsored