• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lariat SR - Central Valley to LA trip.

DroopyHippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Took a trip down to LA for the kids. On the way there with my own PlugShare evaluated charging stops wasn’t bad. I stopped 3 times maybe could have done 2 if I slowed down a bit. Went down 5. Came back up 99.

The way back was eventful. I let Ford nav add chargers that were “fast” automatically to the route instead and that was a mistake. Had me stop at an 100kw station that had only 2 working of 4 and the one I had free was only putting just above 30 out which would nearly triple my charge time. I cut it short and manually added my own stops to avoid that To hit a faster/working stations but still had to wait 40 minutes to go 15-40% to make my next stop.

Thinking I learned my lesson and navigating to high rated and a decent number of chargers I’d have a fun experience the rest of the way home. I was horribly wrong…

Which made me notice that most often people rate a charge as successful in PlugShare if they charged at all. But I tend to think of it as if I cannot charge on the first time pulling up, It’s a failure and rated according… maybe hoping to help notify the next ones coming through.

what do y’all do when it come to PlugShare ratings ?

Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat SR - Central Valley to LA trip. 4A12C229-29D4-45AC-AEF6-7D9AC4A951AF
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
My parents live in the Central Valley (south of Fresno) on a farm and once I get there, I have access to 240V.

Getting there, I expect to stop once in Bakersfield for an EA charge and make it with one stop.

I'd charge to 100% in Bakersfield just to allow for weather, traffic, detour, etc..