• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lectron Charger Deals

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
I signed up for Lectron's promotional email list a month or two ago, finally hit the jackpot. Got their new 40 Amp V-box for 50% off. They only had the offer available to the first 5 users, but this is the second time I've seen this offer in last few weeks. Link below to sign up for the email list, maybe you'll get lucky as well!

https://ev-lectron.com/pages/test-products

(Not affiliated with Lectron in any way, just wanted to pass along a good deal. My understanding is they are not UL Listed, but they are built with UL listed components).
Sponsored

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I signed up for Lectron's promotional email list a month or two ago, finally hit the jackpot. Got their new 40 Amp V-box for 50% off. They only had the offer available to the first 5 users, but this is the second time I've seen this offer in last few weeks. Link below to sign up for the email list, maybe you'll get lucky as well!

https://ev-lectron.com/pages/test-products

(Not affiliated with Lectron in any way, just wanted to pass along a good deal. My understanding is they are not UL Listed, but they are built with UL listed components).
What's their price after 50% off?

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I signed up after seeing this post. Today I got a link to their 48A charger at 40% off through Amazon making it $299. I don’t have my Lightning yet, but I ordered one of these anyway. I will PM anyone the link who wants it, the Amazon coupon page says it’s good until 7/22 or until sold out.

Here is the manufacture’s page for the charger I just ordered:
https://ev-lectron.com/collections/...240v-48a-electric-vehicle-ev-charging-station

I need a total of three level 2 chargers, but I’m not brave enough to buy three of these relatively new chargers all before my truck arrives. By the time my Lightning is built (week of 7/25 🤞🏻) and delivered I will be well outside the return period.

OP
OP

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I signed up after seeing this post. Today I got a link to their 48A charger at 40% off through Amazon making it $299. I don’t have my Lightning yet, but I ordered one of these anyway. I will PM anyone the link who wants it, the Amazon coupon page says it’s good until 7/22 or until sold out.

Here is the manufacture’s page for the charger I just ordered:
https://ev-lectron.com/collections/...240v-48a-electric-vehicle-ev-charging-station

I need a total of three level 2 chargers, but I’m not brave enough to buy three of these relatively new chargers all before my truck arrives. By the time my Lightning is built (week of 7/25 🤞🏻) and delivered I will be well outside the return period.
i had mine installed, have used on my wife’s Pacifica twice without issue

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I didn't think a NEMA 14-50 could handle a 48amp charger as it requires a 60amp breaker. Am I missing something?

OP
OP

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn't think a NEMA 14-50 could handle a 48amp charger as it requires a 60amp breaker. Am I missing something?
I purchased the 40 amp version with 14-50 plug. Assuming the 48A version is similar, you could hardwire it, or use the 14-50 plug and derate it to 40A

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I purchased the 40 amp version with 14-50 plug. Assuming the 48A version is similar, you could hardwire it, or use the 14-50 plug and derate it to 40A
I was planning on using it at 40 amps.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was planning on using it at 40 amps.
Just make sure to derate it to 40A and I don't think you'll have a problem using the 14-50 plug that comes on it.

OP
OP

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just thought I'd follow up on this; the Lectron charger has been working great with my Lightning Pro. Chargers at 39.5A (listed at 40) and haven't had any issues where the charging cable or anything felt like it was getting hot.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just thought I'd follow up on this; the Lectron charger has been working great with my Lightning Pro. Chargers at 39.5A (listed at 40) and haven't had any issues where the charging cable or anything felt like it was getting hot.
Good to hear some feedback on these. I purchase two back in July, but my truck isn’t here yet so I haven’t been able to test them. Since my truck just got to the dealer yesterday I just installed one temporarily on the 50 amp RV plug in my side yard, I’ll use it until I can get the new 60 amp circuit done to the front of my garage. I did remember to set it for 40 amps. It’s lower than it probably should be, but it’s what I had to work with. I mounted it to a post separate from my deck just in case there was any kind of problem or a resulting fire.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lectron Charger Deals BEE87B0C-2024-473F-920D-24167E53DEDA

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have tested the charger with my truck, it does work and charges the truck at 39.5 amps on a 50 amp circuit. The first time I plugged it in when the truck was showing 81% and it was a quick top off to the 85% I set the truck to. The second time I was down to 69% and wanted to charge back to 85%. I left the truck plugged in from late afternoon until after breakfast the next day. The charger said it had delivered 39.65 kW and the truck was at 88% charged. It should have only taken 16 kW to get back up to 85%, so what did the truck and charger do with the other 24 kW? It seems like the charger should have shut off when the truck said it was full? I’ll keep testing.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm thinking of getting the 40amp version.

FYI, the 40amp version is IP66, the 48amp is only IP55.
Sponsored