• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lift kits, bigger tires for Lightning

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Sooo anyone else want a lift kit as badly as I do? Does anyone know if companies are developing them yet?

Also bigger tires… we need to figure out how big we can go with the stock suspension.

The impact to range doesn’t matter to me, I’ve got other vehicles to drive if I need to go long distance.
Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Sooo anyone else want a lift kit as badly as I do? Does anyone know if companies are developing them yet?

Also bigger tires… we need to figure out how big we can go with the stock suspension.

The impact to range doesn’t matter to me, I’ve got other vehicles to drive if I need to go long distance.
I look forward to seeing what ideas folks and vendors come up with. Will also be interesting how it affects range...just saying. Would be nice to see a "level" truck, or the option to order the leveling kit prior to picking the truck up. That's the only mod I'd consider making...that's just me though. I like level trucks, but I know it can effect range, to whatever degree on the Lightning.👍

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Love the personalization energy coming up already! Ford made it, we'll make it ours! 👍
I have a tonneau cover from my powerboost but I'm interested in one of those solar covers, depending on price. Would love to be a ble to charge from the sun as I'm driving or while parked anyway. Anything to feed those batteries. Heck Yeah!

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
I have a tonneau cover from my powerboost but I'm interested in one of those solar covers, depending on price. Would love to be a ble to charge from the sun as I'm driving or while parked anyway. Anything to feed those batteries. Heck Yeah!
You selling your Poweboost?

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
You selling your Poweboost?
Think I'm gonna give it to my spouse. She has a '20 f150. The powerboost gets better mileage and we find it useful to plug household items into the pro power on board. I'm gonna take the current tonneau off and put on a backflip x4 for her on the powerboost. Ahe really wants that one and put the current one on the Lightning till I decide what I want to do.👍

DKZB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
With an ICE I’ve never worried that mods decreased MPG. Call it range anxiety but to me an EV is a different story.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I would be concerned about the handling when you lift that battery and your center of gravity. I did not realize how raked the truck appears, and would be interested in a leveling kit.

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
I already bought my leveling kit :D Now just waiting on my truck... Just going to do simple coil over 2" pucks on the front to level it out. But will also wait a few months before doing that and swapping the AS tires for the Toyo Open Country AT III's, once the weather starts turning...

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
I already bought my leveling kit :D Now just waiting on my truck... Just going to do simple coil over 2" pucks on the front to level it out. But will also wait a few months before doing that and swapping the AS tires for the Toyo Open Country AT III's, once the weather starts turning...
Yeah that will look pretty good. What color/trim did you go with?

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Ford F-150 Lightning Lift kits, bigger tires for Lightning FB_IMG_1655256878194
We just leveled one with 34" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Black Rhino wheels using Readylift 2"standard kit with no preload spacers. I don't believe you can go any larger than stock without the level. With the level and no cutting or removing intrusion bars we were close but had no scrubbing when using our standard QC process. Driving feel and ride did not change.
An interesting note is the tire/wheel combo weights. Factory assy was 73 lbs. Our custom assy was a whopping 98 lbs. We basically added 100 lbs of non sprung weight.
Shock assy from the Lightning appeared exact same length as a stock assy when we compared them. As expected the coils did appear beefier but had the same number of twists.
We also accomplished speedometer calibration using a Hypertech in line calibrator. Installation was no different than any other previous ICE build and was verified accurate. We really like this calibrator because it causes absolutely zero issues with normal PCM programming. That is a big plus if you ever have to bring truck in for programming of any module. Stand alone programmers almost always cause problems with the IDS and FDRS software that Ford Technicians use.
Range test before build has already been posted to Town and Country TV on You Tube. Mitchell will be posting the complete build and range test post build as soon as video production is complete. We will also be installing a bed cover and performing a range test then as well.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lift kits, bigger tires for Lightning FB_IMG_1655256878194
Ford F-150 Lightning Lift kits, bigger tires for Lightning 20220614_164146
Ford F-150 Lightning Lift kits, bigger tires for Lightning 20220614_154813
Ford F-150 Lightning Lift kits, bigger tires for Lightning 20220614_145020
Ford F-150 Lightning Lift kits, bigger tires for Lightning 20220614_144927

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
We just leveled one with 34" Nittos. I don't believe you can go any larger than stock without the level. With the level and no cutting or removing intrusion bars we were close but no scrubbing.

View attachment 48974
It will be interesting what that does for mileage.