• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Also Afflicted: False Activation Of The Anti-Theft Intrusion Alarm System

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Heads up, if your Lightning’s alarm starts going off randomly.

For years, some ICE F-150’s have been afflicted by a problem of false activation of the alarm, and I now can confirm the Lightning upholds that most annoying tradition.

For the 4th time in the past three hours, the alarm goes off, for no reason.

A search of F150 forum shows that as far back as aleast 2015 this has been a known issue, and in one post someone provided what appears to be the 2021 internal service instructions:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Also Afflicted: False Activation Of The Anti-Theft Intrusion Alarm System 3393C1B1-7B97-40CE-8789-E2A254EBD83D

Oddly, my FordPass app pushed my phone an intrusion alert only upon the 4th of these false alarms.

Can’t express how badly I don’t want to make a dealer trip to have this remedied.

Until then, the extra waking hours will be an opportunity to workshop my apology texts to neighbors!
Sponsored

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Do all models have the alarm or just the higher trims? I’ve always hated car alarms, they go off so often it’s not even a theft deterrent anymore.