• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Backup Power Vehicle Fault Error Message

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Backup Power Vehicle Fault Error Message Screenshot2022-06-24

This is the second time I've gotten this in two days. I haven't even used, or even figured out how to use the backup power on this truck. I've just driven it. Only have 600 miles so far.

I'll pull DTCs tomorrow and see if there are any clues.

UPDATE: Shows a Remote Function Actuator error U3000, FT: 49 Internal Electronic Failure, but not a current DTC fault....so reset and retest and all green. Will continue to monitor.

Update: Before doing the OBCC module update this morning I checked for DTCs and saw that I had the RFA error again. And again, it was not a "current" fault but one that had set sometime in the previous days driving. I now have 1550 miles on the truck after a roadtrip. The trip went smoothly but I learned a lot about fast charging (don't go chasin' 350Kwh chargers.... stick to the 150kwh chargers you're used to...as the song goes...).

The error hasn't caused me any problems so I'll just keep an eye out to see what pops up. I think it has something to do with the warnings I get about the HVB being too low on charge to support ProPower onboard, since I get those messages when the truck is shut down with a less than significant battery charge (like 40%?).
Sponsored

Last edited:

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have also seen this error twice.

PACSMAN

First Name