• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Ooh, I'll be watching that.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Why hate? Things could change for owners. I might flip mine. We both work from home, 2 teenagers have their own cars, we put a couple of thousands miles a year, don't justify the 4th vehicle, so I might need to sell Lightning.

I will keep it until next year, if we have a chance to go back to office I will love to keep it, otherwise I might sell it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Why hate? Things could change for owners. I might flip mine. We both work from home, 2 teenagers have their own car, we put a couple of thousands miles a year, don't justify the 4th vehicle, so I might need Lightning.

I will keep it until next year, if we have a chance to go back to office, otherwise I might sell it.
You gotta make your money while you can and while theres demand. I ordered a Steam Deck when they opened preorders with every intention of keeping it but when I finally got it I ended up selling it for double on StockX.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Minus taxes and tags, which wipes out the tax credit for many of us. Although i guess you can deduct the taxes if you itemize. Small consolation.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Why hate? Things could change for owners. I might flip mine. We both work from home, 2 teenagers have their own car, we put a couple of thousands miles a year, don't justify the 4th vehicle, so I might need Lightning.

I will keep it until next year, if we have a chance to go back to office, otherwise I might sell it.
You're right.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

The hate is because there are thousands of people out there who want a Lightning to drive for themselves. Not only do these people need to fight against dealer ADM, but they need to try to get in line before resellers or have to pay flipper prices.

The world has been built on exploitation, so I suppose it's natural to question why some people might be against the practice, but unbelievably there are still some good and honest people out there not trying to take advantage of their fellow man.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Kinda shocked they are including two pro charger lol. Why not sell without and make some more $$! Most probably don’t even know about it.

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, Tesla Model Y
The hate is because there are thousands of people out there who want a Lightning to drive for themselves. Not only do these people need to fight against dealer ADM, but they need to try to get in line before resellers or have to pay flipper prices.

The world has been built on exploitation, so I suppose it's natural to question why some people might be against the practice, but unbelievably there are still some good and honest people out there not trying to take advantage of their fellow man.
I bought a property overlooking the ocean for $200k, a few years back. That property is now worth $1.2M. Probably tens of thousands of people would want it. If I list it for $1.2M does that not make me “good and honest”? I’m struggling to see the difference. This is capitalism. Are you suggesting we should switch to some other form of -ism? To not take advantage of my fellow man, what should I be trying to sell it for? $200K+ What i would earn in a Savings account Over 6 years?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
if someone is willing to purchase something at your price, they are not being taken advantage of.

if you wish to keep your purchase and drive it for 20 years, so be it.

if you only drive it for 3 years, does that make a difference?

if only for 3 days?

just like at any Auction, the last bidder, the highest bidder, takes home the prize, whether they are being 'taken advantage of' never enters the discussion.

I'm planning on driving mine as the 'last' vehicle I'll ever own. I guess you can like me.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime

I definitely don't want to take anyone's advantage. I just took delivery of Model X on Tuesday. Since probably we will permanently work from home, I am persuading my wife to keep the Lightning and sell the Model X (even more profit given its current price). Really did not expect this. I just don't have a chance to drive except weekend shoppings.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I bought a property overlooking the ocean for $200k, a few years back. That property is now worth $1.2M. Probably tens of thousands of people would want it. If I list it for $1.2M does that not make me “good and honest”? I’m struggling to see the difference. This is capitalism. Are you suggesting we should switch to some other form of -ism? To not take advantage of my fellow man, what should I be trying to sell it for? $200K+ What i would earn in a Savings account Over 6 years?
As with in a court of law, intent is meaningful in this discussion. If you purchase something to use it for its intended purpose and then decide at a later date not to use it anymore, that is different than buying to flip. Flipping is a pandemic that is loved by a niche of people and hated by many. Toilet paper, baby formula, sneakers, video game consoles, etc. Nothing is safe from flipping. The issue with people buying with the sole intent to flip is they add no value, they are a detrimental drain on society. A flipper makes nothing, has no real skill, and adds a nonsensical markup to a product. In this regard flippers are actually worse than dealers with ADM, because at least a dealer adds some value.

Dealers provide a place to view and test drive stock (they have floor plan loans and overhead for their building/lot), a dealership is a place where repairs can be done, they hire a variety of people, and good ones share some expertise with buyers. Even though some dealers are scummy, may trick people into bad loans and add-ons, and ADM sucks; at least there are some genuine pros to acknowledge for dealers existing. A reseller adds no value to a transaction.
Sponsored