• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Order Bank Opening When?

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The regular F150 order bank is supposedly opening September 15. Do we have any more clarity whether or not the lightning order bank will open at the same time?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Nothing as far as I or my dealer has heard.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Nobody knows till Ford says something. You can rest assured the moment ford tells anyone the internet (and this forum) will let everyone know.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
The regular F150 order bank is supposedly opening September 15. Do we have any more clarity whether or not the lightning order bank will open at the same time?
Where did you get September 15? All I've seen Fall of 2021, which anywhere between late September and late December.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Where did you get September 15? All I've seen Fall of 2021, which anywhere between late September and late December.
The “regular” F150 order banks are set to open September 15

https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/2022-ford-f-150-order-banks-scheduled-to-open-in-september/

Some speculation (only speculation) that the lightning will as well, but give that we are 8 days away and noone has heard any news, I doubt that the lightning order sill open then.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 Sport , 2014 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Power Engineer
I asked at a dealer here in Alberta and they have no info either. Historically at this time there is a 2 week break in order window. So he was expecting 2 weeks after ICE F150 order banks open that the Lightning order banks would open. Speculating Octoberish but again that’s just a guess. They have less info than what I read on here.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Once the order bank does open, does anybody know the exact process for placing an order? Do we just log in to the Ford website and place our order there (by converting our existing reservation)? Or is this something we need to do thru our dealer (hoping that's not the case)?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well production according to Pioneer is scheduled to start in April, given that the Lightning Tour is going on, I wouldn't be surprised if it was September. But then again......maybe October?

Sponsored

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Engineer
Dealer here made it sound like you would get a few days notice to go in and order based on your time stamp and allocation of lightnings to that dealer. I reserved the second the website went live on reveal night but 15k North America wide I’m not too optimistic , but I sure hope so.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Dealer here made it sound like you would get a few days notice to go in and order based on your time stamp and allocation of lightnings to that dealer. I reserved the second the website went live on reveal night but 15k North America wide I’m not too optimistic , but I sure hope so.
Allocations to the dealers worries me.
If I chose a dealer when I placed my reservation, can I change to a different dealer that may have the allocation ?

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Engineer
Allocations to the dealers worries me.
If I chose a dealer when I placed my reservation, can I change to a different dealer that may have the allocation ?
I would think so. If you find a Ford EV certified dealer that is one of the biggest volume sellers in the state or province you are from I would think your time stamped reservation would determine your place in line. But who knows what goes on behind the scenes when it comes to that. Maybe a high roller goes in and says I’ll pay 20k over msrp? I struggle coming to terms that I will probably have to pay msrp but I’m not paying a penny more , so buddy with an extra 20k in their pocket can have my spot.
Sponsored