• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Was just coming to post this! You beat me to it! :LOL:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
The Pro truck is such a ridiculous deal. There's no way they continue offering that to retail customers.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
His review of the Lariat version was very good. It's over an hour, but he goes into deep details and everything on the drive he likes. Just skip the walk around in the beginning.

OP
OP
gorwell

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Only complaint is how long they went on how great of a value it is, and how it's the best value you can buy....

But, Ford basically allowed no one to buy it @ $40K.

It's the Black Friday doorbuster that has 3 in stock and 2 went to employees.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gorwell

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Follow up on Video from Kyle:

I spoke with a Ford employee after this video and they said that the standard pack should hit 150kW on a DCFC. The extended pack hit 173kW delivered. Also, the largest problem with the Pro trim for a normal consumer is that they aren’t making enough of them for personal use! Most are being built for fleets.

Now we need to get someone w/ a early Standard Delivery to test out charge curve to see how long it hits that 150kW (they rate it as a "max" 120kW)

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Yeah, they probably should've mentioned that it's nearly impossible to buy. In retrospect I should've gotten two reservations and extended one for a Pro. :D

OutofSpecKyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi e-tron, Winnebago Revel
Occupation
YouTuber
They just need to allocate more of them for consumers. For me personally, by the time the truck rolls in I’ll have a need for a Pro trim not as a daily driver but just as a utility vehicle. I specced one out to about $45k for the perfect spec for me. Perhaps we could all go in on a fleet deal? Out of Spec group buy!

Thanks for sharing the video

Kyle

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Follow up on Video from Kyle:

I spoke with a Ford employee after this video and they said that the standard pack should hit 150kW on a DCFC. The extended pack hit 173kW delivered. Also, the largest problem with the Pro trim for a normal consumer is that they aren’t making enough of them for personal use! Most are being built for fleets.

Now we need to get someone w/ a early Standard Delivery to test out charge curve to see how long it hits that 150kW (they rate it as a "max" 120kW)
I’m planning to do so with my Pro order and will definitely share a video. It’s being built the week of 5/30 and I live not very far from Dearborn. I’m thinking delivery by mid June.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
This post is my official reservation for the the Out of Spec Pro Trim group buy. :)

First in line, baby!

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Why would anyone not buy one. Just buy it...Says Kyle.

Dude they are sold out. YOU CAN'T JUST BUY ONE.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
I’m planning to do so with my Pro order and will definitely share a video. It’s being built the week of 5/30 and I live not very far from Dearborn. I’m thinking delivery by mid June.
This is the review I was waiting for. Mine is built same week, super excited!

@OutofSpecKyle most important question: did you see any in Stone Gray? Of any trim???

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The Pro has been a unicorn IMO.

Could have bought 2 Pro trucks for the 1 Lariat I ordered. o_O

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This review mirrors almost everything I said about the SR trucks after seeing them in person. I preferred the 12 inch screen, didn't care for the rear light bar, and the lower trim sound system seemed fine to me.

My opinion differs in that I really do like the front light bar, it is a signature of the Lightning and it feels incomplete without one. Also, I am a big fan of XM and do a bit of rural driving where cell service isn't great, so it's inclusion on XLT is important to me.

My girlfriend didn't like the Pro interior at all though, she would never go for it even if we were at a dealer and had the option to buy XLT or Pro. For XLT she was perfectly good with the cloth, I think for non-work purposes many average people will not be content with less than XLT interior. We had been exclusively Audi drivers for years, the step back to the vinyl seats was just too much for her, and I agree to some extent. Our Model 3 with it's "vegan leather" is also uncomfortable on hot days, I already felt the Pro will be that way too. The XLT with cloth will be much nicer to drive when it's hot out.

The issue is the value proposition with the XLT, it's undoubtedly nicer, but is it $13k nicer? After viewing the trims, I think a few fine tuned options would've made the step up make more sense.

1) Heated seats standard on XLT.
2) Tailgate step standard on XLT.
3) Allow ER battery to be purchased on XLT without the options package.
4) Allow for Blue Cruise / Tech Package to be added to XLT (phone as key, etc.), at a less robust cost than the current package offering.

Last edited:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I think if you look at how things have progressed, Ford knew they weren't going to sell the Pro for $40k other than as a publicity stunt. Yes, it's a great deal...Ford lost some money on it but they can write it off as advertising. There will be a BIG price jump on the Pros when 2023MY prices are announced. Ford caught a break with inflation being a ready-made excuse for the price increase, they won't face much blowback. I would expect the Pros to be at AT LEAST $45k in 2023, maybe closer to $50k. Or they'll just discontinue retail orders. The truck is still a great deal at $45-50k.
Sponsored