• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Pro with cloth seats spotted

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
Came across this photo on twitter (Can't find where now) of a carbonized gray Pro model. What is interesting to me is in this pre production model the seats are actually cloth. Perhaps we will have an option of Vinyl or Cloth on the pro? Anyone have any info on this?

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Pro with cloth seats spotted F150 Lightning Pro Cloth Seats Carbonized Gray.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Pro with cloth seats spotted F150 Lightning Pro Cloth Seats Carbonized Gray large

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Pro with cloth seats spotted F150 Lightning Pro Cloth Seats Carbonized Gray.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Doesn't mean much considering preproduction and that the seats are just pulled from their f150 parts bin... Could just be grabbing whatever closest.

But. At the same time. I don't really see why they don't offer it as an upgrade for those who want it to get some more money from people who would prefer cloth over vinyl. Shouldn't slow down their build process.

OP
OP

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
Man, that's a nice-looking truck overall. Carbonized grey looks good with the unpainted bumpers.
I agree! Def leaning towards carbonized gray after seeing this photo. Should be decently easy to keep clean/hide scratches as well.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Maybe a 3++ High option offers cloth seats?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have a hard time believing Ford is going to be really restrictive on customizing the Pro.

If the Pro is basically a loss leader compared to the other models, wouldn't you want to make some of that back with overpriced options?

Running boards, cloth seats, work console...those seem like things that wouldn't sway someone to spend the extra $12k-$13k to upgrade to an XLT but people that buy the pro might spend extra money on. I, for one, love the flooring in the Pro model. I'm not sure why this is a downgrade? So much more practical than carpeting/fabric.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I agree! Def leaning towards carbonized gray after seeing this photo. Should be decently easy to keep clean/hide scratches as well.
Yeah, I was leaning toward black because of the bumpers on the Pro, but this looks pretty darn good.

OP
OP

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
Yeah, I was leaning toward black because of the bumpers on the Pro, but this looks pretty darn good.
After owning a black model 3 I will never get a black car again. Looks so good after a wash but then gets super dirty in a couple days.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Pro is pretty much an SXT IMO

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I have a hard time believing Ford is going to be really restrictive on customizing the Pro.

If the Pro is basically a loss leader compared to the other models, wouldn't you want to make some of that back with overpriced options?

Running boards, cloth seats, work console...those seem like things that wouldn't sway someone to spend the extra $12k-$13k to upgrade to an XLT but people that buy the pro might spend extra money on. I, for one, love the flooring in the Pro model. I'm not sure why this is a downgrade? So much more practical than carpeting/fabric.
The problem is that if you make most of the options a la carte, you'll be able to make an almost-XLT for $39,974 + like $3k in options. It will make it even more obvious how ridiculous the $13k jump is to XLT from Pro.

That being said, I hope they do make most options available on the Pro! I want Pro with max tow, the keypad to get in, 9.6kW Pro Onboard (hopefully not Fleet only with the ER battery), and maybe the ER battery, etc.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
After owning a black model 3 I will never get a black car again. Looks so good after a wash but then gets super dirty in a couple days.
I had a black Model 3 also haha. I definitely don't WANT black... I only got the Model 3 in black because it was the free color at the time. But black goes with the bumpers best, probably. Carbonized grey hides them pretty well, too, apparently, though.

OP
OP

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
I had a black Model 3 also haha. I definitely don't WANT black... I only got the Model 3 in black because it was the free color at the time. But black goes with the bumpers best, probably. Carbonized grey hides them pretty well, too, apparently, though.
Yeah that's why I got black as well. There is also the option of painting or maybe wrapping the bumper to match any color you want. The white truck with black bumper is the worst looking in my opinion

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
The problem is that if you make most of the options a la carte, you'll be able to make an almost-XLT for $39,974 + like $3k in options. It will make it even more obvious how ridiculous the $13k jump is to XLT from Pro.

That being said, I hope they do make most options available on the Pro! I want Pro with max tow, the keypad to get in, 9.6kW Pro Onboard (hopefully not Fleet only with the ER battery), and maybe the ER battery, etc.
I doubt the keypad gets added, anything that is a luxury won't be included on the Pro. Max Tow and 9.6kW Pro Onboard make sense as this would contribute to the Pro's ability as a work truck. Most fleet Pro vehicles wouldn't need the ER battery unless they are utilizing the truck to power the worksite all day. To be honest I'm surprised they are making the ER available at all in the Pro, even if it is just to the Fleet customers.
Sponsored