• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Is this schedule just for fleet orders or does it also include retail orders? If not the latter, when do you expect Ford to announce the production schedule for retail orders?
Job 1 is for all orders.

I've heard that we are expected to start producing about 1000 trucks (retail + fleet) a week starting in mid-March, beginning with the mannequin orders.

Ford is serious about producing as many as we can. They moved the Job1 date up a month.
Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I think (everyone's?) order sheets are saying Job#2 for their lightnings. You explained this to me earlier in this thread, that all lightnings are Job#2 because it's a major change to the 2022 F-150 year. Is it safe to assume that everyone, regardless of their order sheets being listed as Job#2, will still get scheduled in this Job#1 window? (I guess I am little confused)

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Job1 is for all orders.

I've heard that we are expected to start producing about 1000 trucks (retail + fleet) a week starting in mid-March, beginning with the mannequin orders.

Ford is serious about producing as many as we can. They moved the Job1 date up a month.

That's great news!

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Job1 is for all orders.

I've heard that we are expected to start producing about 1000 trucks a week starting in mid-March, beginning with the mannequin orders.

1000 a week is very encouraging. How far out do they set those kinds of goals? Is that the goal for March/April? Is there a chance that target goes to 1500 week by May? 2000 by June etc?

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
1000 a week is very encouraging. How far out do they set those kinds of goals? Is that the goal for March/April? Is there a chance that target goes to 1500 week by May? 2000 by June etc?
I only heard about the numbers for mid-March. They are also doubling the size of the assembly plant. Not sure how long that will take to complete, but that will substantially increase production too.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
I only heard about the numbers for mid-March. They are also doubling the size of the assembly plant. Not sure how long that will take to complete, but that will substantially increase production too.
Sorry if this is to far off of the thread topic, but does anything about the production details you are aware of suggest factory options like bed liner will be better or worse than with ICE F150 that is rumored to get delayed by these options?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
That is awesome news, projecting at a steady pace of 1000/week until end of production year [9/30 ?] would be about 29,000 total units if commodities can be supplied from the vendors. Then more so when the plant expansion is completed.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Is this 1,000/week estimate including fleet vehicles or just retail orders?

Last edited:

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
Is this 1,000/month estimate including fleet vehicles or just retail orders?
1000/week, so ~30K or so for MY22? Fleet+retail.

thanks for the insider info Pioneer74!

Last edited:

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
That is awesome news, projecting at a steady pace of 1000/week until end of production year [9/30 ?] would be about 29,000 total units if commodities can be supplied from the vendors. Then more so when the plant expansion is completed.
I've never been involved in vehicle manufacturing but in my experience in mfg scheduling the throughput usually ramps up over the first month or two by 25-50%. A lot of it is simply increase uptime of equipment as you get the bugs worked out. If they're starting at 1000/wk I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's 1500 by summer. Pioneer74 can obviously comment more specifically about Ford scheduling.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
1000/week, so ~30K or so for MY22? Fleet+retail.

thanks for the insider info Pioneer74!
Yup I meant week lol good catch ?

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Job1 is for all orders.

Thanks for the inside info!

Assuming this is true; would this move up delivery expectations?

Wave #1 had ~20+weeks Delivery, wave #2 said ~24+weeks .

Wave #1 @ 20 weeks was ~Early June (~1500 orders)
Wave #2 @ 24 weeks was ~Early July (Who knows, let's say 4K)

Seemingly producing ~1k a week starting April would cover both those by end of May, even with shipping some out to fleets?

- Sincerely, XLT wave 2 order hoping for May delivery :)

Okrecognition

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Are all the dealer mannequins going to be produced before any customer orders or will they both be built simultaneously?

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Are all the dealer mannequins going to be produced before any customer orders or will they both be built simultaneously?
Before, from what I understand.
Sponsored