• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Reservation Holders Beware...

Mean Red GT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT, 2011 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Bronco??
Hey Guys,

I am not in the market for the new Lightning but I have been for the Bronco and thought I would try to make people aware of how Ford has really made a mess of this whole "reservation" system. Ford initially promised to build the Bronco's as close as possible in order by timestamp of the reservations that were then converted to orders, if a build did not have parts constraints, which is another story. So they are wrapping up production of the 2021 model year and orders open up tomorrow for 2022 orders with MANY unfilled orders from reservation holders having to change over to 2022. Ford has now laid out an allocation system that seems to completely ignore the reservation system to the point that many people's orders may now get pushed to 2023 based on what dealer they ordered from. So you may want to do your research on this as the dealers who offered aggressive pricing are now getting punished because they accepted so many orders from reservation holders. You can read more at the links below:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-–-what-action-can-we-take.25273/#post-885266
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...-hurt-small-dealers-and-their-customers.6833/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-no-one-said-it-was-going-to-be-easy.25052/

Good Luck!
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Hey Guys,

I am not in the market for the new Lightning but I have been for the Bronco and thought I would try to make people aware of how Ford has really made a mess of this whole "reservation" system. Ford initially promised to build the Bronco's as close as possible in order by timestamp of the reservations that were then converted to orders, if a build did not have parts constraints, which is another story. So they are wrapping up production of the 2021 model year and orders open up tomorrow for 2022 orders with MANY unfilled orders from reservation holders having to change over to 2022. Ford has now laid out an allocation system that seems to completely ignore the reservation system to the point that many people's orders may now get pushed to 2023 based on what dealer they ordered from. So you may want to do your research on this as the dealers who offered aggressive pricing are now getting punished because they accepted so many orders from reservation holders. You can read more at the links below:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/day-6-my22-allocation-formula-–-what-action-can-we-take.25273/#post-885266
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...-hurt-small-dealers-and-their-customers.6833/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-no-one-said-it-was-going-to-be-easy.25052/

Good Luck!
FWIW I'm not aware of anyone offering "aggressive pricing", I think everyone is pretty close to MSRP.

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
FWIW I'm not aware of anyone offering "aggressive pricing", I think everyone is pretty close to MSRP.
Granger and Horsham are doing under invoice deals and they're caught up in this with the Bronco. Granger has an allocation of 20 Broncos for 2022. This is where this is stemming from so yes, this very well could impact a lot of Lightning res holders on this forum. Me being one of them.

OP
OP

Mean Red GT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You may want to check with Granger Ford in Iowa, Chapman Ford in Horsham, PA and Stephens Auto Center in WV as they were the ones offering the deals on Broncos...but again it may hurt you if Ford screws up the reservation system with the Lightning as well.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
You may want to check with Granger Ford in Iowa, Chapman Ford in Horsham, PA and Stephens Auto Center in WV as they were the ones offering the deals on Broncos...but again it may hurt you if Ford screws up the reservation system with the Lightning as well.
There was a discussion that on the Lightning Invoice=MSRP. I understand some say $1000 under invoice(another was saying 3% under invoice I think)..don't know if that qualifies as aggressive on a $50k truck....

Sponsored

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
Garbage. That means the whole reservation system is crap. Great failure on Ford's part. A broken promise that the time stamp reservation is given priority with caveats for material availability.

It's now time stamps, and how popular your dealer is with caveats for material availability.

With this model, potential reservation holders from the night's launch wouldn't have their vehicles until well into the following year if that.

The better way would have been that each dealer gets their typical allotments for their sales lot. Preorders should be handled differently and not taken against the dealers allotment. It would then remove any potential for dealer shenanigans with ADM on preorders. However, what dealers do with their vehicles bound for their sales lot is up to them, ADM or not.

Maybe I don't fully understand the politics of the dealer networks and the MFG. But if Ford ever wants to compete with Tesla sales model, my suggestion is a fair compromise to the consumers and dealers.

OP
OP

Mean Red GT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Garbage. That means the whole reservation system is crap. Great failure on Ford's part. A broken promise that the time stamp reservation is given priority with caveats for material availability.

It's now time stamps, and how popular your dealer is with caveats for material availability.

The better way would have been that each dealer gets their typical allotments for their sales lot. Preorders should be handled differently and not taken against the dealers allotment. It would then remove any potential for dealer shenanigans with ADM on preorders. However, what dealers do with their vehicles bound for their sales lot is up to them, ADM or not.

Maybe I don't fully understand the politics of the dealer networks and the MFG. But if Ford ever wants to compete with Tesla sales model, my suggestion is a fair compromise to the consumers and dealers.
Yes this is what Bronco order holders caught up in this are saying as well, or if they were going to do an "allotment" then do it ahead of time by limiting how many orders a dealer could take in the first place.

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes this is what Bronco order holders caught up in this are saying as well, or if they were going to do an "allotment" then do it ahead of time by limiting how many orders a dealer could take in the first place.
Well, if the dealers allotment were going to be their normal allotment amounts + preorders, then that'd be fine. But if their allotment amount didn't factor in current reservations with said dealer, and it's just a blanket allotment amount that doesn't even match the number of reservations at said dealerships, it's just a shaft to consumers (and dealers) as we're blind to the whole allotment potential to determine where we'd really stand in line.

OP
OP

Mean Red GT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is a reply from Granger Ford that took over 1,000 orders:
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Reservation Holders Beware... 1634067428488

And another warning, get the price IN WRITING from the dealer at time of order. MANY stories of people going to pick up their ordered Bronco and dealer slaps on $10k of ADM.

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1634067428488.png

And another warning, get the price IN WRITING from the dealer at time of order. MANY stories of people going to pick up their ordered Bronco and dealer slaps on $10k of ADM.
That's just a crap Ford purchasing experience. Not all dealerships are the same that's for sure. I guess Ford just doesn't realize or care how a bad dealership experience can dissuade consumers from the Ford brand.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
1634067428488.png

If the reservation system went through Ford themselves, it is shameful that they would allow such a small reservation fulfillment rate at a given dealer based on allocation limits.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Great. I just changed my Lightning order to Granger today from the "Worlds largest volume Ford dealer".

Of course, they have a $1295 dealer fee and they wouldn't confirm that there would be no ADM, so I switched... even though Granger is 20 hours from my house.

Big dealers probably complained that the GOOD dealers were getting too many Broncos and such and Ford caved.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
You need to pick a dealer in your area - Granger was only able to fill 200 of their 600 2021 Bronco orders. They just posted it on the Bronco site. Granger is the worst choice, at any price.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
You need to pick a dealer in your area - Granger was only able to fill 200 of their 600 2021 Bronco orders. They just posted it on the Bronco site. Granger is the worst choice, at any price.
No, the problem is now we don't know anything. There are too many variables and dealers have little incentive to sell at MSRP because they're going to get the trucks anyway.

My local dealer may have a zillion reservations, too. They're the largest F-150 dealer in the world. Maybe they've also got a thousand reservations.

And they're charging thousands more because they're charging MSRP (at least), plus $1295 dealer fee, AKA the because we can fee. They get away with it normally because they have great prices, but if they're selling at MSRP, then there's nothing to offset the outrageous dealer fee.

AND they won't say they aren't going to charge ADM.

So, unless you know where you are in the overall reservation list AND where you are within your local dealer's reservation list AND how many allocations they'll get in a year AND what the ADM will be AND you can know those thing for all the dealers you're considering, there's no way to say who is a better choice than anywhere else.
Sponsored