• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I just got back from the New York Auto Show and I have to say that it blew me away!

The VIP invitation from Ford let me jump to the front of the line for a ride… INSIDE the Convention Center, which was a total surprise. With such a small space, I didn’t expect the driver to be able to fully demonstrate the speed and power, but DEAR LORD did he hit that pedal hard and we were off like a bullet heading directly for a wall… then he brings the whole thing to a stop just before the wall!

WOW… JUST WOW!

My current ride is a Mustang Mach-e Select AWD. It may not be a GT, but it’s by far the fastest car I’ve ever driven, but the Lightning is JUST AS FAST!

They’ve recruited a bunch of professional race car drivers who really know what they‘re doing, and that translates into what can only be described as SHOCK AND AWE. My friend shot a video, hopefully I’ll get a copy and put it on YouTube and post it here. I went from scared out of my mind to complete surrender of my wallet. My truck is scheduled for production on 6/13… I simply can’t wait!

They have a booth to take a photo… here’s what it looks like.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Ride-Along Impressions from the New York Auto Show… WOW! 9250AFB9-B598-4FB5-9596-72865F731D1A
Sponsored

syrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat 3.5L PowerBoost
I just got back from the New York Auto Show and I have to say that it blew me away!

The VIP invitation from Ford let me jump to the front of the line for a ride… INSIDE the Convention Center, which was a total surprise. With such a small space, I didn’t expect the driver to be able to fully demonstrate the speed and power, but DEAR LORD did he hit that pedal hard and we were off like a bullet heading directly for a wall… then he brings the whole thing to a stop just before the wall!

WOW… JUST WOW!

My current ride is a Mustang Mach-e Select AWD. It may not be a GT, but it’s by far the fastest car I’ve ever driven, but the Lightning is JUST AS FAST!

They’ve recruited a bunch of professional race car drivers who really know what they‘re doing, and that translates into what can only be described as SHOCK AND AWE. My friend shot a video, hopefully I’ll get a copy and put it on YouTube and post it here. I went from scared out of my mind to complete surrender of my wallet. My truck is scheduled for production on 6/13… I simply can’t wait!

They have a booth to take a photo… here’s what it looks like.

9250AFB9-B598-4FB5-9596-72865F731D1A.jpeg
awesome, how was the atlas blue in person?

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
It was absolutely beautiful, even indoors. It‘ll sparkle even more in the sunlight.

I also LOVED what I think is called Iced Blue Silver.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
It was absolutely beautiful, even indoors. It‘ll sparkle even more in the sunlight.

I also LOVED what I think is called Iced Blue Silver.
Good to hear, I’ve been half wondering if I’ll regret that color choice lol. Never had a light blue or silver vehicle before.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Unless you were in a standard range, it should be significantly faster than your Mach-e.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Here's my video... Those 3-4 seconds really got my heart pounding.

Sponsored