• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Snow Performance Went Well

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Same! I got the ATs from Ford and they are fine. The truck is heavy so you really have to try to get it to slide at all.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Same! I got the ATs from Ford and they are fine. The truck is heavy so you really have to try to get it to slide at all.
I got mine a little skiddish yesterday accelerating too hard pulling in front of traffic on a right turn. I was shocked the truck does not have a “snow mode”

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I got mine a little skiddish yesterday accelerating too hard pulling in front of traffic on a right turn. I was shocked the truck does not have a “snow mode”
Ha, “snow mode” would just be ”no fun” mode! I think a lot of people just forget or never learned how to drive in the snow. You can accelerate fine but you can’t turn or stop for sh!t.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Had a chance to drive a little today...it seems to perform well. I am still on the fence on snow tires, but it seemed like it sat well and didn't want to spin or such.

IMG_2737.jpeg
Which tires?

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ha, “snow mode” would just be ”no fun” mode! I think a lot of people just forget or never learned how to drive in the snow. You can accelerate fine but you can’t turn or stop for sh!t.
Lived in Wisconsin my whole life… I don’t disagree with you about driving in snow. That said with that much torque a little softening of the throttle would be an easy and smart feature when it’s slick.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I need a good snow storm, a wide open parking lot, and 15 minutes before I can give proper analysis!!!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
the regular ones

I didn't drive a ton though, I will try to drive some more this weekend. Everything was closed today so there was nowhere to drive to...
The 20" wheels came with 3 different brands for "regular" tires. Hankook, Goodyear and General.

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
Had some nice, packed snow sit overnight, so tested out the Hankook ATs vs instant EV torque. After explaining to the kiddos on the way to school that you only mess around when it's safe and no one else around that could get hurt... The ATs lost to the torque and my daughter thinks ~70 degrees perpendicular to travel is "too sideways." So, if anyone wants a defective kid... Also, again, wide open area, nothing to hit besides grass on the edge of the nearly four-lane-width two-lane-street.

When not messing around, the ATs inspire a lot of confidence in winter conditions. Only bad area I found was a local shopping center with bricks as the crosswalks, slid a few inches coming to a stop. I was at about 5mph when I hit the bricks and the fronts had no grip, and that's where all the weight shifted. But, anyone that has driven on wet bricks knows that there really isn't anything to do but go slow and steady. Fortunately, I was doing that and didn't even hit the actual intersection due to planning for the slip.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The 20" wheels came with 3 different brands for "regular" tires. Hankook, Goodyear and General.
Is the Goodyear a new thing? Only ones I have seen anywhere are the Hankook ATs and the General A/S.

GoldBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Occupation
Broker
My "lot find" ER Lariat has the General tires on it. I had no idea there were 3 options.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Is the Goodyear a new thing? Only ones I have seen anywhere are the Hankook ATs and the General A/S.
I'm going by TireRack. They list the Hankook and Goodyear as original equipment. I have the Generals on mine. I was just using their information. I have not seen them with my own eyes,

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Snow Performance Went Well Capture.JPG

OP
OP

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I looked, its the standard General tires.

I feel like with Blizzaks this would be a blast in snow. I really will probably end up going that route, this storm just was ahead of schedule.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I'm going by TireRack. They list the Hankook and Goodyear as original equipment. I have the Generals on mine. I was just using their information. I have not seen them with my own eyes,

Capture.JPG
Possibly on the Pro or XLT SR trims…these are 115T weIght rated…I believe the ER models are OEM’d 116T-rated due to the extra weight…….
Sponsored