• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning stopped communicating with Fordpass App

Stacker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Shelby GT350
My Lightning Lariat ER stopped communicating with Fordpass app. I have reloaded/refreshed app, started and stopped communications in the truck with no luck. Has anyone seen this or know how to reset the truck software?
Sponsored

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Check my Alexa thread... I was told today to take it to the dealer for deeper diagnosis.

$AMC$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Bronco, 72Bronco, 77F-150
When you say reloaded, do you mean you deleted app then reinstalled? If not, do that.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I haven't seen this particular problem, but i've noticed my own problem. I've been tracking the efficiency in the "My EV Driving" log. When i drive with my key, every trip is logged into the app. As of yesterday, when my wife drives with her key, nothing updated in the app aside from charge and milage, yet my key still logs it. I don't know if she turned off a setting somewhere so i can't see how inefficient her driving is (or her shopping excursions).

So maybe there's a setting somewhere that you may have turned off and now the truck's not feeding info to your app. If i find any related setting, i'll let you know.

OP
OP

Stacker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Shelby GT350
I have deleted the app and reinstalled, no change. The app also works fine on my F350. I also chatted with Ford and they want me to bring it to the dealer. The dealer is an hour away and first available appointment is 2 weeks out.

Sponsored

wgatkinson

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
My Lightning Lariat ER stopped communicating with Fordpass app. I have reloaded/refreshed app, started and stopped communications in the truck with no luck. Has anyone seen this or know how to reset the truck software?
I am having same problem. I started a separate thread earlier, I copied it below. This explains my problem, how I tried to fix it, and what Ford said when I called about it:

A few days ago, my FordPass app stopped talking with my 2023 ER Lariat Lightning. It no longer updated mileage and charge and would not allow me to operate anything remotely through the app. I tried all solutions I could find on the internet, including deleting and reinstalling the app and ultimately doing a master reset of the computer in the truck. Unfortunately, none of this worked and I was left with all of my settings being reset so I have to go through setting up everything all over again. This was very frustrating. After reinstalling the app and doing a master reset of the computer, the app prompted me to activate the truck in the app. I tried this several times. When this did not work, the app prompted me to contact customer support. I pushed the button and a very nice and helpful person answered the phone and offered to help. When I told her what was going on, she said this is a known issue in 2023 Lightnings (and Broncos). She said the app works for a while when you get the truck (mine has worked since November) and then it suddenly stops working. She said their engineers are working on it and they hope to have a fix in February. Thought anyone else having this problem might like to know what is going on before they go through hours of work trying to reconnect their FordPass app.

OP
OP

Stacker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Shelby GT350
My issue was resolved by the dealer replacing the communications modem/module. It took two dealer visits, first they updated the vehicle firmware and it didn’t fix the issue. Second visit was to replace the module.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
My issue was resolved by the dealer replacing the communications modem/module. It took two dealer visits, first they updated the vehicle firmware and it didn’t fix the issue. Second visit was to replace the module.
Did you experience any more Ford pass freeze after they replaced the modem in January? Trying to understand if modem (hardware) is the problem or software OTA.

OP
OP

Stacker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Shelby GT350
My truck has had no issues after the modem was replaced. Almost 15k miles and running great!!

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
My truck has had no issues after the modem was replaced. Almost 15k miles and running great!!
That's great! If that's the case, maybe Ford needs to check the batch/lot number of the modem. Maybe it's hardware and not software :rolleyes:

Sponsored

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Is yours a 2023? I have the same issue - I'm taking the battery terminal off every 2 days.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Is yours a 2023? I have the same issue - I'm taking the battery terminal off every 2 days.
Yep 2023. I have to take the battery or fuse 32 every 2 days now. Very frustrating. No communication from Ford as well. I just messaged Ford directly again. We all should message them directly to express the urgency.

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I spoke to customer support today who told me that the dealer has to install the update per TSB 23-2050. I asked if resetting the modem would allow the vehicle to take the update over the air, but the representative said no.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
I have had this issue since I took delivery end of January. Now pulling fuse 32 only allows app to reconnect briefly. There has been no communication from Ford regarding a problem or a potential fix. The consumer shouldn’t be troubleshooting their new EV via Ford CS or an online forum. Ford should know what vehicles are affected and contact the owners accordingly.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I have had this issue since I took delivery end of January. Now pulling fuse 32 only allows app to reconnect briefly. There has been no communication from Ford regarding a problem or a potential fix. The consumer shouldn’t be troubleshooting their new EV via Ford CS or an online forum. Ford should know what vehicles are affected and contact the owners accordingly.
Call your dealer, there is a TSB for this exact issue. Hopefully your dealership is more helpful than mine, they told to call customer service. Not sure how customer service is going to physically flash my modem firmware but what do i know, looking for a new service center now.
Sponsored