• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
LIGHTNING STRIKES ACROSS AMERICA: CUSTOMER DELIVERIES NOW STRETCH ACROSS ALL 50 U.S. STATES

AUG 3, 2022 | DEARBORN, MICH.

That was quick – lightning quick.

In just two months, Ford has delivered electric F-150 LightningTM trucks to customers in all 50 U.S. states, from the shores of the Kenai River in Alaska to Houston and even Hawaii.

Texas – the truck capital of America – and California – the electric vehicle capital of America – lead the way with the highest number of F-150 Lightning deliveries through late July.

Early customers have discovered that F-150 Lightning can handle a variety of needs, regardless of where they are located. Take for instance Jeff and Tammy Head, owners of both an F-150 and now an F-150 Lightning, who have primarily used their new electric truck to tow a boat from Anchorage to Kenai River – about a three-hour drive – for salmon fishing.

“From the time we watched it at the reveal, we knew that we wanted it,” Tammy Head said. “We had no doubt that this truck will have trademark Ford quality which gave us the confidence to transition to an electric vehicle.”

“And the guy in me likes having the baddest truck on the planet,” Jeff Head added.

Among the most popular – and most-photographed – features of the F-150 Lightning so far is the Mega Power Frunk. Owners are using the 400 liters of space1 to store gear and are taking advantage of the 2.4 kW of Pro Power Onboard2 in the frunk to help power their campsite or charge their power tools while driving.

“This truck is a workhorse. We have driven more than 3,000 miles already and towed and carried hundreds of pounds of concrete in the frunk,” said Emre Gol of Texas, who uses his F-150 Lightning Lariat pickup for work at their kitchen and bathroom remodeling business.

Recently, he helped his neighbor’s wife, who was away from home with only six miles of charge left on her electric sedan’s battery. Gol connected his F-150 Lightning with the sedan’s charging adapter and provided enough energy to safely get her back home.

Ford’s newest truck is winning EV fans. Nearly 80 percent of early reservation holders said in a survey that F-150 Lightning will be the first full EV in their household.

“The Lightning is the best thing I have ever purchased,” said Chris Ashley, a resident of Maryland and a first-time electric vehicle buyer. “With this truck, I can enhance my love of tailgating while at the same time play a small role in creating a better planet for my children.”

Ashley has contemplated purchasing an EV for the past couple of years before his wife, Emily, convinced him to buy the F-150 Lightning.

Ford has sold over 4,400 F-150 Lightning electric trucks in the US and Canada (YTD). Ford will report July U.S. sales totals Aug. 3.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Tammy and Jeff_03

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Tammy and Jeff in front of truck

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Tammy and Jeff_01

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Tammy and Jeff_02

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Tammy and Jeff_04

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Tammy and Jeff_05

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Tammy and Jeff_06

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Nadine and Emre Gol

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Nadine Gol

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Emre Gol_05

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Emre Gol_04

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Emre Gol_03

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Emre Gol_02

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Emre Gol_01

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Emre and Nadine Gol_01

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Aarons son posing in front of Lightnin

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Aaron and son posing in front of Lightnin

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Aaron and Aiden Arakawa - Hawaii

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Using Pro Power Onboard

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Chris Ashley - DC

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Strikes Across America: Customer Deliveries Now Stretch Across All 50 States Chris posing in front of car
Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Canadian lightning owner checking in - we got struck here too!!

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
I'm glad the other guy in Alaska didn't order his in silver, too.

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Sponsored

Lightning_Bob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reserved Lightning...

"I need to run my tile saw right outside my finished garage...lets plug it into the truck instead of one of the multiple outlets in my garage"....probably followed by "I'll use my leatherman to eat my steak" while eating in the kitchen...

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Even better, if you look in the lower right of the first picture, the saw IS plugged into the garage.

Lightning_Bob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reserved Lightning...
Even better, if you look in the lower right of the first picture, the saw IS plugged into the garage.
Wow...yeah..and looks to be the same orange extension cord that the guy was plugging into the truck....hopefully it is not indicative of the usability of the Onboard Pro Power ;-)
Sponsored