• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Looks like the dealer is telling him they can’t diagnose because the 12v is dead and it’s a special order. They don’t know when it will be in …. What?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like the dealer is telling him they can’t diagnose because the 12v is dead and it’s a special order. They don’t know when it will be in …. What?
I thought I heard it was a smallish (35ah?) SLA battery some time ago... while obviously not a long term solution I would think any SLA battery of approximately the same size would at least let them power on the truck.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I would rather two companies investigate together instead of finger pointing and letting us decide who to believe.

I was thinking of my Pro as a local tool with 99% home charging anyway.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
More: https://twitter.com/search?q=eric roe&src=typed_query&f=live

I wonder if Ford has Voltage surge protection devices? Maybe just a short in the wire path causing a protective device to blow?

How does a ~800Vdc? capable station (for those vehicles that can use it) provide just the ~400V need by our batteries? Or how is current regulated? Any links to a good detailed explainer how high voltage chargers and batteries are regulated to avoid problems? Also, I would guess the vehicle battery management system must read battery charge level by the voltage across the pack reaching predetermined Vdc set points for whatever percentage of charge is desired.

Last edited:

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
More: https://twitter.com/search?q=eric roe&src=typed_query&f=live

I wonder if Ford has Voltage surge protection devices? Maybe just a short in the wire path causing a protective device to blow?

How does a ~800Vdc? capable station (for those vehicles that can use it) provide just the ~400V need by our batteries? Or how is current regulated? Any links to a good detailed explainer how high voltage charges and batteries are regulated to avoid problems?
I love seeing people curious about how things work, it is the only way to truly understand. As an engineer, it is the weak point in the comedy coated sarcastic shell I've created over the years.

My cheap bench top power supply can run in both CC (constant current) and CV (constant voltage) mode, the circuitry involved isn't earth shattering technology. With an EE101 book and a time machine to get some parts from RadioShack you could make an analog version before dinnertime.

As for batteries, I recommend reading https://batteryuniversity.com/articles until your eyes glaze over. It is a great resource to get started.

Sponsored

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I love seeing people curious about how things work, it is the only way to truly understand. As an engineer, it is the weak point in the comedy coated sarcastic shell I've created over the years.

My cheap bench top power supply can run in both CC (constant current) and CV (constant voltage) mode, the circuitry involved isn't earth shattering technology. With an EE101 book and a time machine to get some parts from RadioShack you could make an analog version before dinnertime.

As for batteries, I recommend reading https://batteryuniversity.com/articles until your eyes glaze over. It is a great resource to get started.
any links to good quality power supplies?

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER

Thanks for the link!

Meccanica

Threads
Reaction score
Website
sdturo.com
Vehicles
Lightning, Model S Plaid, 3 & Y, e-Golf
Occupation
Consultant
Owner of this Lightning is a big supporter of CCS.
Sponsored