• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Nope, but it's easier for the folks who think they will get 1.4 towing to justify the 0.8 real world results if he was.
Who are these folks thinking they will get 1.4 miles per kWh towing? I referenced hoping for 1 which would be 1.0. Please do share, if you are doing anything but trolling.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Thanks for all the great info, appreciate it. Will be interested to see how a longer towing trip changes (or not) your average miles per kWh.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Who are these folks thinking they will get 1.4 miles per kWh towing? I referenced hoping for 1 which would be 1.0. Please do share, if you are doing anything but trolling.
Probably with some types of trailers, not with a travel trailer. Way too much aerodynamic drag.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Oh here's a good question - I know the lightning is basically the same specs as the normal ICE but I will ask anyway -- how was visibility in the mirrors? We don't get tow mirror options on the lightning so I was wondering if you thought they were adequate for your 23ft long trailer?

Sponsored
OP
OP
oneguynick

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
Oh here's a good question - I know the lightning is basically the same specs as the normal ICE but I will ask anyway -- how was visibility in the mirrors? We don't get tow mirror options on the lightning so I was wondering if you thought they were adequate for your 23ft long trailer?
Just barely. Coming from having them on our ICE F-150, the difference is vast. Maybe I will warm up to them and get used to it, but I am missing them from the other truck right now.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Probably with some types of trailers, not with a travel trailer. Way too much aerodynamic drag.
This couple were getting 1.18 with Rivian at 55mph pulling an Airstream travel trailer.

OP's mileage seems poor with and without trailer. Hopefully I can do noticably better in Lariat ER max tow without to much sacrifice in speed or comfort.

OP
OP
oneguynick

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
This couple were getting 1.18 with Rivian at 55mph pulling an Airstream travel trailer.

OP's mileage seems poor with and without trailer. Hopefully I can do noticably better in Lariat ER max tow without to much sacrifice in speed or comfort.
Wow and that looks to be a 27 vs my 23. I won't have time before my next business trip, but I will try and do some testing at various speeds and get back to everyone.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I know this isn't any surprise to anyone but these trucks really need 500 miles of range for those who tow long distance.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Nope, but it's easier for the folks who think they will get 1.4 towing to justify the 0.8 real world results if he was.
Are you always this snarky or did you tip the bottle a little hard this Memorial Day? Not just this post but the overall theme of your posts on this thread.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
He was probably towing at 90 MPH.. Probably dialing it down to 70 MPH will get your target of 1.4+kWh/mile, I'm sure..
I doubt it.....

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I know this isn't any surprise to anyone but these trucks really need 500 miles of range for those who tow long distance.
That isn’t going to happen.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

Over the next few months we’ll get lots of new owners logging road trip and towing efficiency. Buckle up! :)