• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Wheel Liners?

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
I'm curious if anyone that has actually seen the Lightning noticed if there were rear wheel liners installed? They are optional on ICE F-150 or as an accessory. I am not a fan of the look without liners and could not find any info in the order guides, etc. that referred to wheel liners nor were they an option.
Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I have not seen one in person, but all the images and video I have seen seems to indicate that they have them. May be part and parcel of the rear trailing arm.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I can verify that the Platinum has pre-installed rear wheel liners in my iced blue lightning that just arrived. Going to be returning or selling the set I received prior!

tx_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 2022 Lightning XLT XR
My XLT came with wheel liners. The front ones are some kind of carpet that I don't really care for, but the rears are a plastic.

Sponsored

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You know I was looking in the front wheel wells and there is a lot of stuff that can be exposed to road salts and other weather. Doesn't seem like the wheel liners or even cowling really protect the internals there. Do you agree? I have not seen this mentioned anywhere. I see lots of wires exposed and I assume that area leads to the area that is under the frunk floor.

So is it safe to say all the Lightnings come with wheel well liners of some sort? No ugly body paint behind the black tires for all models?

Barrels

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 3.5L
Occupation
Retired
I just inquired at my dealer. He found the rear liners (Ml3Z 9927886 A). $200.96 a pair. He did not find any front liners. I’m really interested if they exist.

Barrels

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 3.5L
Occupation
Retired
I just inquired at my dealer. He found the rear liners (Ml3Z 9927886 A). $200.96 a pair. He did not find any front liners. I’m really interested if they exist.
These are for the 2023 Lariat

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
I'm curious if anyone that has actually seen the Lightning noticed if there were rear wheel liners installed? They are optional on ICE F-150 or as an accessory. I am not a fan of the look without liners and could not find any info in the order guides, etc. that referred to wheel liners nor were they an option.
Yes, my Lariat 511A came with them. Light flimsy stuff though.

Barrels

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 3.5L
Occupation
Retired
You know I was looking in the front wheel wells and there is a lot of stuff that can be exposed to road salts and other weather. Doesn't seem like the wheel liners or even cowling really protect the internals there. Do you agree? I have not seen this mentioned anywhere. I see lots of wires exposed and I assume that area leads to the area that is under the frunk floor.

So is it safe to say all the Lightnings come with wheel well liners of some sort? No ugly body paint behind the black tires for all models?
Not my Lightning that I picked up yesterday (4/26/23). No liners.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BzzzzztZapPow

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
I have liners on my 22 ER Lariat....it was not a separate purchase like for ICE F150/250/350s. When I first posed the question, I had not yet taken delivery and was anxiously prepping for my new 'baby.'

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
All lightnings have preinstalled rear wheel liners. It reduces aero drag.
Sponsored