• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Regarding its own EV propulsion system ... Does that mean you could use the trailer to tow the truck ... backwards?
At the $125,000 MSRP, maybe they could put a steering wheel in it and call it a Motorhome.
Sponsored

cc_lightning

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The price tag is high but I really like the concept. If they can figure out how to integrate this into and exist house solar system, I would really think about even with the price tag. Basically, you can add 3kwh to an existing system and have a 80kwh battery backup. Which should be enough to power a home during a blackout for a couple of days. If you have solar, it might be good enough to last even more. Unlike the f150, the trailer will likely be sitting idle at your home, so having it as a backup is more practical than a truck that you might need during a black out.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Lmao surprise surprise

“Reserve”

So basically another startup needing upfront money to even start this and using the Lightning thinking F-150 owners a bunch of suckers like some Tesla Owners who reserve anything and everything “coming soon” for the Cybertruck 🤣

I’m waiting on the EV Airstream lol
Some states do not permit "reserve money" to be used for company expenditures, it has to be held in escrow for the customer - California is one state for example.
The all-electric trailer changing how you travel.
The L1 was tightly engineered for zero emissions, for comfort, and built to last. We started with aero principles to create a near-zero range loss for EVs and lower costs at the gas pump. From the battery and solar roof down to appliances, every decision was about ease of use. And of course, relaxing just outside nature’s door. Kick back with plenty of room to gather and stow it all away in smart storage solutions. Add the bonus of powering your home or charging your EV, and this is unlike any travel trailer you’ve ever had

https://www.lightshiprv.com/

1678377839813.png
Anyone remember that 1954 movie The Long, Long Trailer? Stared Lucy and Desi.
That's what I think of when I see big trailers like this.
If this thing were a mobile home, designed to be moved and then put in place as a home, then ok. But as an RV? I don't know...
Sponsored