• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
The all-electric trailer changing how you travel.
The L1 was tightly engineered for zero emissions, for comfort, and built to last. We started with aero principles to create a near-zero range loss for EVs and lower costs at the gas pump. From the battery and solar roof down to appliances, every decision was about ease of use. And of course, relaxing just outside natureā€™s door. Kick back with plenty of room to gather and stow it all away in smart storage solutions. Add the bonus of powering your home or charging your EV, and this is unlike any travel trailer youā€™ve ever had

https://www.lightshiprv.com/

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightship L1 all Electric RV Trailer features solar panels and self-propulsion system 1678377839813
Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
The all-electric trailer changing how you travel.
The L1 was tightly engineered for zero emissions, for comfort, and built to last. We started with aero principles to create a near-zero range loss for EVs and lower costs at the gas pump. From the battery and solar roof down to appliances, every decision was about ease of use. And of course, relaxing just outside natureā€™s door. Kick back with plenty of room to gather and stow it all away in smart storage solutions. Add the bonus of powering your home or charging your EV, and this is unlike any travel trailer youā€™ve ever had

https://www.lightshiprv.com/

1678377839813.png
Try to imagine what that would look like being towed by a Tesla CyberTruck! šŸ˜‚

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Pro SR
Telescoping trailers have been the "best ever" invention since the early days. The constant fail is a private bathroom with solid walls. The solar power is old news, and their price for this one !!!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Lmao surprise surprise

ā€œReserveā€

So basically another startup needing upfront money to even start this and using the Lightning thinking F-150 owners a bunch of suckers like some Tesla Owners who reserve anything and everything ā€œcoming soonā€ for the Cybertruck šŸ¤£

Iā€™m waiting on the EV Airstream lol

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Lmao surprise surprise

ā€œReserveā€

So basically another startup needing upfront money to even start this and using the Lightning thinking F-150 owners a bunch of suckers like some Tesla Owners who reserve anything and everything ā€œcoming soonā€ for the Cybertruck šŸ¤£

Iā€™m waiting on the EV Airstream lol
to be fair everything is "coming soon" for the cyber truck because the cyber truck is "coming soon". Also without this early reserve system Ford wouldve majorly underestimated the demand for the lightning and most of us wouldnt have one. Im more in shock at the sticker price.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
to be fair everything is "coming soon" for the cyber truck because the cyber truck is "coming soon". Also without this early reserve system Ford wouldve majorly underestimated the demand for the lightning and most of us wouldnt have one. Im more in shock at the sticker price.
Vehicles I understand the whole Reservation scheme, especially from big time Manufacturers. But these ā€œstartupsā€ are hilarious. Maybe not this particular one, it seems like they are marketing for anyone and everyone. But like the ā€œcyber tentā€ and all this other crap is too much.

Yeah $125k + $90k for the Lightning is too much lol

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Can jayco and the gang just build a slightly more aero travel trailer already. These startups are a joke.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Can jayco and the gang just build a slightly more aero travel trailer already. These startups are a joke.
This is way more than just aero. It has its own EV propulsion system. But for the price, youā€™d have to be a full-time RVer to justify it. I donā€™t see enough of a market for them to succeed.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Try to imagine what that would look like being towed by a Tesla CyberTruck! šŸ˜‚
Why would you ugly up that beautiful looking RV with a hideous looking CyberTruck?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Imagine the tie-up's at charging stations trying to jocky that rig into a park space while charging the truck, or placing the trailer at an adjacent slot for charging as well, I didn't dig into the literature, but wonder where they positioned the CCS-1 port?

EDIT:

I just recalled seeing a patent filing for FoMoCo for a V2V charging connection, that could help, but the rigg would need a semi-rig style pull through station

Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
This is way more than just aero. It has its own EV propulsion system. But for the price, youā€™d have to be a full-time RVer to justify it. I donā€™t see enough of a market for them to succeed.
Regarding its own EV propulsion system ... Does that mean you could use the trailer to tow the truck ... backwards?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Regarding its own EV propulsion system ... Does that mean you could use the trailer to tow the truck ... backwards?
No - it propels it self based on the pull on the tongue. Virtually no energy is required from the tow vehicle. Itā€™s pretty clever.
I donā€™t think it has ā€œleadā€ capability. Kind of like the second locomotive on a train.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
that's what i mean. the bulk of the travel trailer market is sub $50k.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Iā€™ve been following these guys for awhile. The sticker shock got me. Curious to see what Airstream comes in at. I get there is a lot going into a EV trailer, but the fittings look lack luster and why would you forgo propane cooktop and refrigeration (both very efficient). If I see it in person maybe Iā€™ll be swayed.

I wonder if it can park itself like e stream?
Sponsored