• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lock on walkaway

Nate977p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Hello all!

I am going crazy trying to find the lock on walk away settings. I have gone to the truck a few times now to grab things and realized I was able to get in without the key. At first I thought the key was just close and unlocking, but now I'm realizing it's not locking when I walk away.

I didn't find anything here, so I went through the Gen 14 F150 forum and found a thread about this and they said there is no lock on walk away.

This cannot be true with the Lightning? I guess it has to be true as I cannot find it anywhere in the settings, but this is such a standard, critical feature I've had on cars for a while now and didn't realize it was a common feature. And I guess I haven't locked my truck in a month....lol

I assume PAAK will have this ability though, right?

Please tell me I am missing something :)

Lariat trim as fyi.
Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I looked too after realizing I'd been leaving my truck unlocked as well. The feature doesn't exist. Hopefully Ford adds it soon. It shouldn't be necessary to use PaaK to implement this.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
If a car unlocks when I approach, it should lock when I leave.
The Lightning doesn’t unlock when you approach, does it? Mine lights up, but still have to put hand on door to unlock it.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
We can only hope with the extra time they get PAAK right and very soon. Drove my partners Model 3 again yesterday and dang some of the simplest features make me just shake my head at Ford. Miss the walk away lock for sure.

Truly if they would do it they should be able to add as software switch to let us include auto start/stop with PAAK and be able to ignore the start/stop button. They don’t have it in them to be that advanced unfortunately.

Reactions: dww

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
The Lightning doesn’t unlock when you approach, does it? Mine lights up, but still have to put hand on door to unlock it.

Correct.

My old cx5 would unlock by pressing a button as long as you had the key on you. And after driving, it would lock automatically when you walk away.

Don't see a reason why ford and other companies cannot do this.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Correct, you have to put your hand inside the handle for it to unlock. This is actually a good thing IMO, and the truck is pretty responsive in unlocking right away. I don't want my truck to unlock every time I walk by it. I only want it to unlock when I'm ready to get into it. This is especially true if it's not going to lock itself automatically when I walk away.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yeah, it’s not available unfortunately. It’s as bad as Tesla not offering Homelink Standard smh…

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The Mach-E has it. Not sure why the Lightning shouldn’t as well?
Wow, then it should be just a software update for the Lightning ?

I also was baffled since my PHEV locks as soon as my key fob is a certain distance away.

Can't get used to the Lightning not locking automatically - the use of the key fob to lock is strange..

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I do miss this feature, something I came to rely on with my 2018 Honda Accord! It should be a must have with just a key FOB, not PAAK.

My crutch to get used to not having this feature any more, and not leaving my truck unlocked, is to set the side mirrors to auto-fold when the doors are locked. That way I can just look at the truck and don’t have to push any buttons on the FOB….and scare everyone in the parking lot!

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I've got an XLT 311a coming. for the past 10 years, I have left the key in my truck ignition whenever my truck is parked in the garage or in the driveway. Will I have to take the key FOB out of the Lightning?

It would be really annoying if my truck locked itself inside my garage whenever I removed the FOB.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I've got an XLT 311a coming. for the past 10 years, I have left the key in my truck ignition whenever my truck is parked in the garage or in the driveway. Will I have to take the key FOB out of the Lightning?

It would be really annoying if my truck locked itself inside my garage whenever I removed the FOB.
You are in luck - the truck does not autolock when you walk away with the fob.

Lazy and forgetful folks like myself appreciate autolocking when walking away from our vehicles - my past BMW, current Honda all automatically locks when you walk away with the fob.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I wonder if keeping the FOB in the truck will prevent it from completely shutting down?

I've been "lucky" enough to have my FordPass activated while my Lightning has taken a tour of Ford parking lots in and around Dearborn. Twice it has been parked long enough (about 7 days) in one spot where the computers go into a hibernation mode. I haven't been brave enough to try remote locking or unlocking my truck to keep it awake since I don't know what Locked/Unlocked condition that Ford keeps their new vehicles in.

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I wonder if keeping the FOB in the truck will prevent it from completely shutting down?

I've been "lucky" enough to have my FordPass activated while my Lightning has taken a tour of Ford parking lots in and around Dearborn. Twice it has been parked long enough (about 7 days) in one spot where the computers go into a hibernation mode. I haven't been brave enough to try remote locking or unlocking my truck to keep it awake since I don't know what Locked/Unlocked condition that Ford keeps their new vehicles in.
That is also another small nit on the app - you should be able to look at the app and know if it locked or unlocked.
Sponsored