• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Connecticut Looking to trade my '23 Pro for a '23 Model Y

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Hey folks,

I have a '23 Lightning Pro (SR). While I'm loving the truck, I think a Model Y would better fit the needs of my family. I figured there are some folks out there who got tired of waiting for a Pro and got a model Y instead (with the new price drops). How about a swap? If you're interested, drop me a PM.

Specs:
- Carbonized Gray Metallic
- Pro Power Onboard (9.6 kW)
- Max Trailer Tow Package
- Heated seats
- Mobile Power Cord included
- Gator ETX soft rollup tonneau cover
- Took delivery on 2/2/23
- 1200 miles on odometer (putting in about 300 per week). Has worked great so far.

The truck is paid in full, but I'm still waiting for the title to show up. Dealer said 1-2 months is typical. We can negotiate based on what you've got, but ideally I'm looking for a low-mileage (<5k) Model Y Long Range. Ideally not white or red, but I'm open. I'm thinking we can do a clean swap and you pay my sales tax (as far as I know, the only way to swap is to sell our vehicles to one another). I don't foresee any issues regarding the tax credit: I keep mine, you keep yours.
I'm willing to take one last adventure with the Lightning and drive out up to 5 hours in any direction (from Connecticut). Let's talk!

Ford F-150 Lightning Looking to trade my '23 Pro for a '23 Model Y 20230203_092127
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: GDN

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Have you driven a Y, and fit your family in one? We have one in the family, rides harsher, good for 2 adults, 2 children, not much cargo.

Last edited:
OP
OP

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, I have. And I get all that. It's a compromise, for sure. For long trips, the utility and comfort of the F150 are hard to beat (though the Tesla gets the charging infrastructure advantage). And of course having a truck available has a lot of benefits. And the Lightning is amazing. But, most of our use case is simply commuting to/from work (single passenger) and short weekend family rides. For most of this we don't need a truck, and would rather use a more nimble and efficient vehicle (efficiency being key). I figure I can equip the Y with a cargo box and hitch rack for those few road trips. Also, compared to the Volt (which has been our family road tripper), the Y is quite roomier and offers more cargo.
I do appreciate your input, especially being that you have both a Y and a Lightning. I'm all ears to fresh perspectives.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Coming from what you have, the Y will certainly be nice and it is nicer than a full size pickup in a busy parking lot. Announcements from Tesla on March 1st might be of interest to you. They may have a cheaper town car coming that would allow you to keep the pickup??

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
If you can't find a Model Y and want to just sell the truck and order a Model Y please let me know I'll buy it. (Or order a Model Y and wait for it to arrive and then sell the truck).

Sponsored
OP
OP

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you can't find a Model Y and want to just sell the truck and order a Model Y please let me know I'll buy it. (Or order a Model Y and wait for it to arrive and then sell the truck).
Thanks. Yes the problem is that the Model Y has about a 2 month lead at the moment. I would sell at current MSRP plus options plus destination ($60,500). If you are interested and you're flexible with timeline PM me and let's talk.

OP
OP

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still looking! If you have a new Model Y (or even a low-mileage 2022), and interested in a Lightning, I'm open to negotiate. Also, I'll consider straight-up selling as well. Would like to get $60k for it (or close to it). I put in a Model Y order just to buy me some time for that scenario, with estimated delivery around May.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
Still looking! If you have a new Model Y (or even a low-mileage 2022), and interested in a Lightning, I'm open to negotiate. Also, I'll consider straight-up selling as well. Would like to get $60k for it (or close to it). I put in a Model Y order just to buy me some time for that scenario, with estimated delivery around May.
I have a friend with a white model y long range and is trying to get a lightning as he really needs a truck now. But he's in California, so I think shipping would make the deal not all that feasible.

OP
OP

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a friend with a white model y long range and is trying to get a lightning as he really needs a truck now. But he's in California, so I think shipping would make the deal not all that feasible.
Thanks. Yes, and that would be a very long drive to meet halfway. The adventure sounds tempting, but I really couldn't do it!

uwbirdman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Land Rover Defender
2022 Black over white, seven seats, 20" induction wheels, 4,700 miles. Located in WI. Let me know if interested.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP
OP

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Black over white, seven seats, 20" induction wheels, 4,700 miles. Located in WI. Let me know if interested.
Thanks. PM sent. Not quite the options I'm looking for but let's talk.
Sponsored