• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Macbook 12" Retina - charge using USB-C ports on Lightning

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Since the Lightning has USB-C ports in the frunk, next driver's seat, rear seat passenger - how much current (wattage) is allowed thru these ports ?

Are they PD ports ?

To avoid having to carry the AC adapters for various devices, if I can just plug directly into port, I would save on an AC power cord sticking out of the truck...

Would be nice to just plug in a USB-C cable for my MacBook or iPad Pro or bluetooth devices...

USB-C is next to the USB-A and the wireless phone Qi charge mat:

Ford F-150 Lightning Macbook 12" Retina - charge using USB-C ports on Lightning F150WirelessCharger_grande
Sponsored

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Finally got a chance to test the USB-C port on the Lightning.

15W output is what I got using a 12" Retina Macbook and enough to slow charge the device.

15W means you can use the iPad Pro or Android tablets as well.

The 12" Macbook is perfect for travels as I normally use it for domestic & international travel - super light and thin.
Normally I carry the lighter weight 20W USB-C adapter when travelling so the Lightning is about the same in terms of charge rate.

Too bad Apple discontinued the 12" Retina Macbook in 2017.

Ford F-150 Lightning Macbook 12" Retina - charge using USB-C ports on Lightning IMG_9458.JPG