• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Sadly, I'm guessing that we'll soon hear about a few Lightnings that have been totaled by flooding in the Fort Myers area.
Yes alot of vehicle inventory just left the market, new and used.
Sponsored

E_Double

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Occupation
Nurse
Oof - that is horrible!

My suggestion would be to stick with a Ford dealer body shop, that way they are holding the bag if something goes wrong and in theory they should know the truck the best.
I agree. I had a MME that was damaged 30 days after delivery in August last year. I found a Ford Dealer that had a body shop attached, NOT outsourced. As the car and model was new, I felt it best to go direct with Ford, quality of work and warranty. They did a great job as that dealership was invested in the success of their brand and the new model.

gregoryhcain

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Pickup
Occupation
Physician
As you can see, I was T-boned. Itā€™s drivable still. What certifications should body shops have to do this repair? The first one said they may have to remove the battery pack first.
Suggestions on how to proceed?
šŸ˜„

783CAF9A-CFBF-44D1-8E58-C03970586A08.jpeg
This is when you donā€™t want cut rate insurance!!! I will put it in a plug for my insurance, USAA. It was the best part of my military service. Iā€™ve had two totaled vehicles in 42 years, one my fault, one somebody elseā€™s and they made me perfectly whole each time and within a few days. Both times I walked away with a check for the full replacement value of the cars. Iā€™m a USAA member for life, and they will be ensuring my new Lightning.

Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
As you can see, I was T-boned. Itā€™s drivable still. What certifications should body shops have to do this repair? The first one said they may have to remove the battery pack first.
šŸ˜„

I would go to the Ford Dealer from whom I bought it.

TadCurious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
šŸ˜„

Ohhh no! Sorry to hear that. Seeing it hurts me so badly! Hope you fared better!

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
The battery pack sits in between the frame (with little to no room to spare). If the frame is damaged, so is the battery pack. I'm guessing that would be enough to "total" the vehicle, but we'll see what happens.

oswaldal

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2022 Subaru Accent
šŸ˜„

Did they end up totaling your truck or was it repaired? If it was repaired, how long did it take?

I was hit similarly but in the driver's side front wheel, no damage to the door. Truck is still being repaired.

OP
OP

blpublic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT
Did they end up totaling your truck or was it repaired? If it was repaired, how long did it take?

I was hit similarly but in the driver's side front wheel, no damage to the door. Truck is still being repaired.
They did not total it. We waited 2 months to take it in so that they would have the parts, but the dealer ended up not even ordering the parts until we took it in. Something about inventory costs. Made no sense.

It took 4 months after we brought it in. They provided a loaner after some protests. Insurance only covered a loaner for the first month. Ford also provided a nice credit for the delay since they were essentially prioritizing building new trucks instead of providing parts to support existing customers.

We have not received any diminished value compensation from insurance. Didnā€™t push it since we are worried about being cancelled.
Sponsored