• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mess with miles to empty?

Carphunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Stone Gray SCAB XLT 2.7 4x4
I watched an older vid on fixing the amount the mpg is off on the truck. I figured i'd wait until i'm through 5 to tanks of fuel before messing with it.
but... i've noticed another deal.... the range estimation is way conservative. I need to confirm more tanks... but my last two tanks i believe it was basically off by 100 miles. I was at about 20 gallons for a fill, which means there should have been 6 more gallons in the tank.
Down the road, i think i'd tighten that gap up... i may not go for exact... i like the idea of it being conservative... but 6 gallons is a bit much.
Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Mine has always been off by 6 gallons when it says empty - it reads empty at 30 gallons in a 36 gallon tank. Other people in forums have said this has always been the case with F150 extended range gas tanks. Would be interested to see if there is a way to fix this.
Sponsored