• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

my bluecruise is active on any road

donalddon

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Gray Metallic
when i have lane keeping system is active and i hit cruise button bluecruise will activate on any road with lane marking paint. 2 lane blacktop with on coming....school zone, hospital zone, traffic signals etc. i don't think that is quite right:(
my sync used to say hands free available until 10-12-2022 then yesterday power-up 3.5.2 arrived finally and now my hands free says it active until 10-06-2073:)

i was hoping that an update would fix my bluecruise but no.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
donalddon

donalddon

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's normal. It's lane keep assist not hands free though so keep your hands on the wheel in school zones please!😉
when it activates is says bluecruise is active and steers the truck. it is way more than lane keeping steering wheel nudges.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
And if you keep your hands off the wheel long enough it will tell you to put them back on. It's poor naming but there is blue cruise and blue cruise handsfree. The handsfree part only works on divided highways while the other part is just advanced cruise control

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
when it activates is says bluecruise is active and steers the truck. it is way more than lane keeping steering wheel nudges.
Yes, this is normal operation with cruise control. If it bothers you, the solution is to not use cruise control in school zones, hospital zones, and where there are traffic signals (it's probably a good policy not to use cruise control in those areas, anyway).

I think Bluecruise has an advantage over Rivian and Supercruise because they generally limit lane centering to mapped areas.

Sponsored
OP
OP
donalddon

donalddon

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i don't use cruise on local secondary roads. but i was surprised that it can be activated to the point of taking control of the steering.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
i don't use cruise on local secondary roads. but i was surprised that it can be activated to the point of taking control of the steering.
I toggle the lane centering feature off while using the adaptive CC on some but not all local & country roads.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
You can toggle off the lane keeping with the button on the steering wheel on the left side. The one that looks like a 6 legged bug.

NeilO

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
when i have lane keeping system is active and i hit cruise button bluecruise will activate on any road with lane marking paint. 2 lane blacktop with on coming....school zone, hospital zone, traffic signals etc. i don't think that is quite right:(
my sync used to say hands free available until 10-12-2022 then yesterday power-up 3.5.2 arrived finally and now my hands free says it active until 10-06-2073:)

i was hoping that an update would fix my bluecruise but no.
I have read several reviews about the purpose of cruise control or Tesla's autopilot in a school setting. According to Papersowl reviews https://papersowl.com/essay-writing-service-review, not all owners are satisfied with their car in school zones. In some states, there are already discussions about a temporary ban on autopilots in regions where schools or kindergartens are owned. In this situation, I'm interested in the opinion of automakers, how they plan to improve their technology.
In the school zone, I would keep my hands firmly on the steering wheel) This kind of work of this system is normal)

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
It is worth noting Ford uses confusing terminology with respect to Bluecruise. When equipped, the truck has 3 modes of driver aids.

Adaptive cruise--no steering-- radar speed control only

Then, there is actually 2 modes of Bluecruise(added on top of the adaptive cruise)--

Bluecruise(BC)-- essentially lane centering, available on any road with viable line markings

and

Bluecruise Hands Free(BCHF)-- limited to mapped divided highways.

You can tell BC is active by a Blue steering wheel icon on the cluster above the charge/power gauge. You can turn it off via steering wheel button

BCHF is identified by the whole cluster turning blue and a BIG steering wheel icon taking over the left side of the display.

IT took me a while to figure out the visual clues of when everything was active. It is not clear in literature or media and Ford throws around the terminology without explanation.

It is also worth noting that even if you have BC or BCHF on, it is very easy to make small corrections and then have the system take over as necessary automatically. I always interject or assist as possible on side roads and never feel like the system is "fighting" me.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It is worth noting Ford uses confusing terminology with respect to Bluecruise. When equipped, the truck has 3 modes of driver aids.

Adaptive cruise--no steering-- radar speed control only

Then, there is actually 2 modes of Bluecruise(added on top of the adaptive cruise)--

Bluecruise(BC)-- essentially lane centering, available on any road with viable line markings

and

Bluecruise Hands Free(BCHF)-- limited to mapped divided highways.

You can tell BC is active by a Blue steering wheel icon on the cluster above the charge/power gauge. You can turn it off via steering wheel button

BCHF is identified by the whole cluster turning blue and a BIG steering wheel icon taking over the left side of the display.

IT took me a while to figure out the visual clues of when everything was active. It is not clear in literature or media and Ford throws around the terminology without explanation.

It is also worth noting that even if you have BC or BCHF on, it is very easy to make small corrections and then have the system take over as necessary automatically. I always interject or assist as possible on side roads and never feel like the system is "fighting" me.
It also didn’t help when the changed the terms a year or so ago.

Old ………………………………………………………………………New
Adaptive cruise——————————-> Adaptive cruise (no change)
Intelligent cruise——————————> BlueCruise
BlueCruise——————————-——-> BlueCruise Handsfree

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
It also didn’t help when the changed the terms a year or so ago.

Old ………………………………………………………………………New
Adaptive cruise——————————-> Adaptive cruise (no change)
Intelligent cruise——————————> BlueCruise
BlueCruise——————————-——-> BlueCruise Handsfree
Ford's marketing/development team needs improvement. The whole Co-pilot 360/assist/active is also confusing. All of this is way more complicated than it needs to be.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I love the lane centering where it steers for me. I keep my hand on the wheel with enough grip to immediately take control, but it handles the majority of my day to day driving really well. I've never had anything like it and I love it so far. It significantly reduces my drivers fatigue. I'm a firm believer of always being ready to take control, but I do let the truck handle the lane and speed, I simply monitor it versus control.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
They should not build any Cruise control system without adaptive functions. I couldnt care less about the lane centering or Blue CruiseHF.
Sponsored