• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My dealer says they cannot get my vin number until truck is built

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
As the title states. El cajon ford sales rep said they cannot get me my Vin number until its built. I saw the thread with hacking my order page but I think I'm doing it wrong as I cannot see the Vin in the code.

I need the Vin so I can start my finance with my bank. ( I have other pressing reasons to get this financed asap)
Can anyone tell me facts and maybe a specific thing to ask the dealer for the Vin or should I call ford marketing?
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
As the title states. El cajon ford sales rep said they cannot get me my Vin number until its built. I saw the thread with hacking my order page but I think I'm doing it wrong as I cannot see the Vin in the code.

I need the Vin so I can start my finance with my bank. ( I have other pressing reasons to get this financed asap)
Can anyone tell me facts and maybe a specific thing to ask the dealer for the Vin or should I call ford marketing?
Isn’t true…..!

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician

I didn't have luck in chrome, but it worked for me first time in Firefox.

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning

Do you have a build week yet? Ypu don't get a VIN until your order is scheduled for production.

Check your email for a email with the subject "Your 2022 F-150 Lightning LARIAT Order." (Obviously change it for your selected trim level).

At the end of that email should be your VIN.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Ford emailed me a vin in late May for my week of 7/25 build. I was able to pull my window sticker two weeks prior on 7/13.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
So I went down and spoke with the sales manager. He gave me my Vin and order number. I also got to test drive a xlt standard range. So I was super surprised and happy I got the info. It's funny how you hear all of the real world events on this forum but some uneducated sales person argues because of ignorance. I was polite and thankfull.. I hope she remembers that it is possible to get the Vin number once the build date is released for her next customer

All good people. Thank you

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
So I went down and spoke with the sales manager. He gave me my Vin and order number. I also got to test drive a xlt standard range. So I was super surprised and happy I got the info. It's funny how you hear all of the real world events on this forum but some uneducated sales person argues because of ignorance. I was polite and thankfull.. I hope she remembers that it is possible to get the Vin number once the build date is released for her next customer

How was the test drive?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Better not to use that lazy salesperson - make sure the manager get the sale.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
It was pretty cool. My first drive in a e.v. It's gonna take some time to get used to it. On freeways as soon as you let off the throttle it slowes down like a regular truck is applying a little break pressure. So if your used to coasting a bit it's gonna be weird. For the standard range it was plenty fast. Tons of torque obviously lol but it's still surprising. It's really smooth. When " idling " in hot summer sun the fans are super loud, otherwise silent.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
On freeways as soon as you let off the throttle it slowes down like a regular truck is applying a little break pressure.
That's only because they had one pedal breaking enabled, you can disable it (I believe it is disabled by default). I love driving with it though, it's great once you get used to it.

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

My salesperson, and another that is their designated EV sales person, have admitted that I know more about the truck (thank you for educating me fellow forum members) than they do, including the production and shipping processes.

My take from our interactions is they really aren’t interested….they appear to be concerned about two events: 1. Securing the order. 2. Getting the sales closing completed. Other than those two events, they both seem uninterested in providing any customer care or service…sorta, “just go away until we call you that your vehicle is here…….”.

Of course they never say that, but their actions and body language say it all…….

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
You summed it up perfectly. I don't blame them though. It's just a job to most of them

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You summed it up perfectly. I don't blame them though. It's just a job to most of them
Yeah, for those of of shelling out ~$80,000 its not just a job, it’s an adventure🤨

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
And they’ve only been able to “sell” a handful. They’d rather spend their time on vehicles they can at least submit an order for I’m sure.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
My salesperson, and another that is their designated EV sales person, have admitted that I know more about the truck (thank you for educating me fellow forum members) than they do, including the production and shipping processes.

My take from our interactions is they really aren’t interested….they appear to be concerned about two events: 1. Securing the order. 2. Getting the sales closing completed. Other than those two events, they both seen uninterested in providing any customer care or service…sorta, “just go away until we call you that your vehicle is here…….”.

Of course they never say that, but their actions and body language say it all…….
They also need that sales survey to be a 5.

I will say that my dealer - a small-town dealer - was awesome. They pulled my VVR every other week to look for progress, they occasionally dropped me a message letting me know where things stood, and they called me the night before the truck arrived to say that it was on its way and would be delivered. Other than the truck driver who unloaded it, I got to be the first person to drive it to their prep area (80 feet) or so, then they did all the prep work over the next day so I could pick it up that next afternoon.

It was definitely not your typical sleazy dealer. But I have had those experiences too. I pulled up to a larger St. Louis-area dealer in my Model S to get a KBB sales offer on the car and immediately had 4 salesvultures crawling up to me. I could feel the sleaze oozing from them as I sat and waited for their Internet person to take it for a test drive. In the end, I elected to trade it to the Ford dealer because of the sales tax credit Illinois gets (unlike Missouri and some other states, you only get credit if you trade to the same dealer you buy the new car from).
Sponsored