• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My dealer's website SAYS they have FOUR Lightnings IN-STOCK NOW

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I was the 2nd person at my dealership to order a Lightning, so you would think I would be one of the first to get mine.

Right now, my dealer has FOUR lightnings, including a Pro, Lariat and Platinum sitting in INVENTORY.

Meanwhile, my "Production Date" slipped to August 1.

**** UPDATED ****
After a 30 minute walk through their inventory, I couldn't find any physically there. Eventually, a salesperson approached me and said if the site shows them in-stock they could be customer orders because EVERY vehicle that's in stock or on the way show up online too.

The odd thing here is that they normally say "IN TRANSIT" for orders that are on the way, so possibly, they have them in their prep lot, which is about a mile away.

Also, they sales rep wanted to take my info in case one of them was a cancellation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
You really must not follow the threads.. in stock on the website is not "in stock" and if they have then on the lot, they're 1 of the 1st and you should take pictures

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
You really must not follow the threads.. in stock on the website is not "in stock" and if they have then on the lot, they're 1 of the 1st and you should take pictures
Not sure what that means. I guess I missed the threads.

One thing I know is they have a history of stocking tons of Mach-E's right on their lots while other dealers had zero on their lots. They had about 50 on their lot last year when I picked up mine.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
PS... the dealer just posted a Tik-Tok video showing off about 10 full sized Broncos sitting in their lot, which is another vehicle you don't often see sitting on the lot.

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
PS... the dealer just posted a Tik-Tok video showing off about 10 full sized Broncos sitting in their lot, which is another vehicle you don't often see sitting on the lot.
Ok please show the pictures and videos of the Ford F150bLightning. Broncos and Mach Es are old news and if they have a few available its because of large mark ups. Prove me wrong

Sponsored
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Ok please show the pictures and videos of the Ford F150bLightning. Broncos and Mach Es are old news and if they have a few available its because of large mark ups. Prove me wrong
I'm definitely going to stop by and talk to them.

The massive inventory of Mach-e's was last year, while they were still hard to find on the lot. At that time dealers were only supposed to have cars that were ordered by customers. My best guess was they placed orders, then claimed the customers cancelled, so they became inventory.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I'm definitely going to stop by and talk to them.

The massive inventory of Mach-e's was last year, while they were still hard to find on the lot. At that time dealers were only supposed to have cars that were ordered by customers. My best guess was they placed orders, then claimed the customers cancelled, so they became inventory.
Window sticker photos are helpful. Couple of guys will go back and track their journey.

thanks if you can get the pics. Agreed not a great system

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Many dealers post ordered vehicles as "in stock" as soon as they ship even though they are not physically there and are actually pre-sold. I suspect this is what your dealer is doing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Many deers post ordered vehicles as "in stock" as soon as they ship even though they are not physically there and are actually pre-sold. I suspect this is what your dealer is doing.
This dealer normally shows "in transit" when it hasn't actually arrived. These say "new arrival".

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I doubt they are actually in stock. I looked at the four VINs on the dealer website. Three are customer (retail) orders and one is a mannequin order. One of them has a blend date in June so that one is definitely not in stock.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
@IdeaOfTheDayCom

Tracker for this vehicle has 5/4 as the in production (really end of production) but has not advanced to built.

It has been suggested that Ford is not updating the tracker. If this truck is at the dealer, a lot of people may be getting surprise phone calls shortly. I am hoping I am one of them with a 5/16 production date in the tracker.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Take a lunch it will be a long day trying to find them on their lot. It's just dealer BS - and if one or more are special orders, there will be some happy customers or the dealer screwed the original reservation holder out of the deal.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Take a lunch it will be a long day trying to find them on their lot. It's just dealer BS - and if one or more are special orders, there will be some happy customers or the dealer screwed the original reservation holder out of the deal.
I'm definitely going to visit them. If they're selling them as inventory, they're made up fake customer orders that they're claiming are cancelled. The mannequin is another interesting find... that shouldn't be listed on their web site until they're allowed to sell it.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
This is what dealers are resorting to in order to make it look like they have more vehicles than they do. They put customer orders up on their website but then when you call they tell you it's already sold.
Sponsored