• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My heater blows cold air even though i have the temperature set to 85 degrees.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I have a Lariat ER and it's been running flawlessly for 6 weeks. It got chilly last night while making an 80 mile trip so I turned on the fan and turned temperature up to 85. For 10 minutes while driving, it blew cool air (about the same temperature outside). After about 15 minutes, it started blowing slight warmer but nothing like the hot air that it should have been blowing.

Has anyone experienced this? I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting. Thanks in advance for ANY replies.
Sponsored

FastMover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 F150 Limited 14 Shelby GT500 22 Lightning order
Occupation
Retired
Had that happen in March. It was about a month after I picket up my Platinum. Was short 20 min drive. Couldn't figure out what was the problem. Heat settings were all turned on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Had that happen in March. It was about a month after I picket up my Platinum. Was short 20 min drive. Couldn't figure out what was the problem. Heat settings were all turned on. Pickedu

Were you finished writing? It looks like you were starting another sentence and stopped.

FastMover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 F150 Limited 14 Shelby GT500 22 Lightning order
Occupation
Retired
Yes type-o

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Dumb question. Did you have E-Heat turned on?

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, now I feel stupid...

what exactly is E-Heat lol?
Sorry, maybe I’m the stupid one. Or maybe it’s Ford. In my Mach-E, it’s labeled ”E-Heat”. In my Lightning, it’s simply “Heat.”

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
I had the same problem last year, Since there isn't heat being generated from an engine this is a step more complicated, that being said once you activate it you'll get the goods. On my pro there is a button underneath the screen that opens the heat settings, probably in your menu somewhere, check your manual.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The manual shows “E-Heat”. I’m guessing the latest Sync interface update changed it to Heat.

Ford F-150 Lightning My heater blows cold air even though i have the temperature set to 85 degrees. IMG_0522

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Ok, I figured it out. I was just tapping the temperature button and turning on blower but that doesn't cut it. I went into the climate control and there it gives me the AC Max or Heat options.

I'm still trying to figure out why there are three Auto settings. I still have so much to learn about this truck. Thanks for the replies.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, I figured it out. I was just tapping the temperature button and turning on blower but that doesn't cut it. I went into the climate control and there it gives me the AC Max or Heat options.

I'm still trying to figure out why there are three Auto settings. I still have so much to learn about this truck. Thanks for the replies.
The manual is a good resource for these types of things. The HVAC section is pretty comprehensive.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands

The three auto settings control how quickly auto will try to achieve your desired cabin temperature. It's more energy intensive to do it quickly, and it will crank the fan higher, so you get the choice.

Once cabin temperature is achieved, it will have really no discernible impact.

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
The manual is a good resource for these types of things. The HVAC section is pretty comprehensive.

The manual wasn't much help. A youtube video pointed me to the climate control. Maybe I skipped over that part in the manual. I wish it was a booklet type of manual like in the old days lol. Thanks.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
I think the Heat button should be on the main screen with the A/C button. I'm not sure why you would want to have quick control of A/C in the warmer months but the Heat button is buried under the menu. I don't really use Auto ever, they should use that space.