• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My Lightning will not charge. Recieving the orange LED light

RADGASMAN

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S, 2022 Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
Ford F-150 Lightning My Lightning will not charge. Recieving the orange LED light 1671103765265

I reset my Chargepoint charger. I tried using the Ford portable charger to no avail. I resert SYNC4. My Fordpass app now states there is a charge fault. Now I'm getting a dashboard notification that the truck needs service. I have 700 milers on my truck.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Requires dealer warranty service. At least one Mach-E with those symptoms required replacement of the charge port. You might get lucky and they fix it with a software update.

OP
OP

RADGASMAN

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Update. The dealer finally attempted to charge my Lightning on 12/19/22. It would not charge (the Ford app notified me of a charge failure). They finally started diagnosing what the problem is on 12/27/22. They told me that there is an issue and had to order multiple parts. They would have to drop the battery pack to get to the issue. Minimum time to fix the problem is a month. They have not told me what exactly the issue is. I do have Ford Concierge working with me. They are very nice and are interacting with the dealership to obtain parts.

OP
OP

RADGASMAN

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Update: From Ford, even with Ford escalation the part process. Ford has no idea when parts will be shipped for my vehicle. It has almost been sitting at the dealership for a month. I started the process with Ford for them, to buyback the truck. If they don't , the Lemon Law in New York clearly states that if the vehicle cannot be fixed within a month, then one can apply for the state's Lemon Law.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Update: From Ford, even with Ford escalation the part process. Ford has no idea when parts will be shipped for my vehicle. It has almost been sitting at the dealership for a month. I started the process with Ford for them, to buyback the truck. If they don't , the Lemon Law in New York clearly states that if the vehicle cannot be fixed within a month, then one can apply for the state's Lemon Law.
The NYS lemon law also says you can ask for a replacement vehicle, if you're interested.

I dealt with NY Lemon Law with Subaru -- and once I met the criteria they basically just agreed to buy the vehicle back without going through the formal process. I'd expect Ford would do the same.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Have same issue now, just started last night. Found out the vehicle will still DCFC so the issue's either with my wall EVSE or the vehicle AC-DC charger. Going to test with my neighbor's EVSE tomorrow and see, but hope they can solve this faster. From searching online sounds like there were some of these with MME caused by high input current, but nothing has changed on my charger. Vehicle has about 6k miles and is my daily commute, sucked driving the diesel slowpoke today.
Sponsored