• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MY23 Wave 5 - Lariat ER survey respondents only

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Tim just reported a Ford memo that wave 5 went out today and according to Ford - only to those that answered the survey in early September that indicated they wanted a Lariat 511A (i.e., ER battery). Not all who answered the survey with 511A will get the email though. Also wave 4 and wave 5 will now go to Dec 1.

Update - Wave 6 will go out in early December. Also the Wave 5 selected appeared to be in reservation order but they skipped anyone who did not answer the survey with a 511A.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
So apparantly the earlier waves were not getting a lot of orders, likely because folks wanted Pro or XLT. For example, Tim said they got 12 invites in wave 4 in October but maybe 50% ordered. For this wave today they got 7 invites and 5 have already ordered. So Ford is wanting to get the Lariat ER orders in so it makes sense they are using the survey at this point to identify them.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Interesting, turns out they were tracking that survey!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Interesting, too, bad they did not push as many of the XLT-ER, Lariat-ER & Platinum's out at the start of MY23 production, this would have improved the opportunity to benefit from the pre-IRA version of the credit as long as the truck was delivered by 12/31/2022

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Interesting, too, bad they did not push as many of the XLT-ER, Lariat-ER & Platinum's out at the start of MY23 production, this would have improved the opportunity to benefit from the pre-IRA version of the credit as long as the truck was delivered by 12/31/2022
Very good point!

Since after 2023, all the ER Lightnings will not be eligible for the tax credit.

This survey based order invites seem to be similar to the final wave orders of MY'22 where Ford gave dealers extra allocations of Lariat trim to find customers to order only the Lariat trim....

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I answered the survey with that option, no invite. Guess my corner isn't high priority in terms of allocations. Fine by me, I need a few more months to get financing squared away.

And I'm still holding out hope that the IRS defines base MSRP as trim with no options/destination charge. There's at least some precedent with how some states do that to charge vehicle license tax/registration. Although if Ford isn't going to qualify due to minerals then I guess it's all for naught. Think we'll get any guidance before the mid summer order deadline?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
So apparantly the earlier waves were not getting a lot of orders, likely because folks wanted Pro or XLT. For example, Tim said they got 12 invites in wave 4 in October but maybe 50% ordered. For this wave today they got 7 invites and 5 have already ordered. So Ford is wanting to get the Lariat ER orders in so it makes sense they are using the survey at this point to identify them.

To refresh everyone's memory of how Ford did the Wave 6 in June 2022...they essentially told certain Dealers they have X number of Lariat trim allocations. It was up to the dealer to supply the names to Ford of interested parties--those that would accept a Lariat truck. Thus some people very far down the list who wanted a Lariat and answered the phone call from their dealer got a surprise invitation.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
To refresh everyone's memory of how Ford did the Wave 6 in June 2022...they essentially told certain Dealers they have X number of Lariat trim allocations. It was up to the dealer to supply the names to Ford of interested parties--those that would accept a Lariat truck. Thus some people very far down the list who wanted a Lariat and answered the phone call from their dealer got a surprise invitation.
Yep! That’s all true. I know a guy…

Ford F-150 Lightning MY23 Wave 5 - Lariat ER survey respondents only 0D24D035-80CD-49C6-AEBD-7B48FC28C411
Sponsored