• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

National News Program looking for new owners for an on camera interview.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I have to be a bit vague here, but in two weeks a national news program is doing a multi part special on new ev owners , the inflation reduction act and people who may have been financially strained to purchase a lightning or surprised / frustrated with additional costs .

If you had to take on a side hustle to make the cost work or if you paid more than you wanted to at the dealer due to mark up or if you are freaking out because you may be taking delivery in 2023 and are worried about not getting the tax credit then you may be the person they are looking for . Feel free to post here if you might be interested or message me .

also @TaxmanHog - I messaged you about this with my contact info so I could give you details to verify legitimacy .
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
So those that bought in 2022 and are completely fine with the cost/value, and had a dealer that didn't have ADM, and have EVSE at home to charge are not really invited to interview? Sounds like Fox News is doing another hit piece on EVs!

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I spoke with the producer for about 15 minutes on the phone and it really seems like they are trying to cover it from all angles . I just listed some of the topics they covered with me. Also , it’s national network prime time news where they claim they are doing multiple segments covering the whole spectrum and all sides . It is not Fox news or I wouldn’t have taken the call .

That being said , I can only share the information I was given and I may be wrong.

Last edited:

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
A story on EV infrastructure with the EA Reps might be better, ask them when they plan on being as reliable as Tesla SC

• Love
Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
A story on EV infrastructure with the EA Reps might be better, ask them when they plan on being as reliable as Tesla SC
I'm still thinking someone might have the balls to ask Farley and Biden when those will be delivered too. They've got the sales, that is all that really matters to their bottom line.

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
I'm not really interested in an interview but these are concerns for me. I am obviously not anti EV since I'm here, waiting on the lightning. But the price was a financial stretch when they were first published, then the tax credit became a question mark, then prices went up, while investments went down and interest rates went up. As much as I want one, these things are working against me. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I'm not really interested in an interview but these are concerns for me. I am obviously not anti EV since I'm here, waiting on the lightning. But the price was a financial stretch when they were first published, then the tax credit became a question mark, then prices went up, while investments went down and interest rates went up. As much as I want one, these things are working against me. I'm sure I'm not alone.
I am no longer buying one due to the combination of price increase and loss of tax credit, combined with the reality that range is the same as the Mach-E but takes 40% more energy to get there. Unless I find a cancelled order with A-Plan before year end.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I might be the opposite of what they are 'looking' for... I've owned several older Nissan Leafs with 60-70 miles of 'range' for several years, with a son in college continuing the drive one, and loves it. My wife's new 1/2 electric HYBRID 2022 Kia Sorento PHEV, plug in Hybrid, which can run purely on EV power for up to 32 miles, is a vehicle she has learned to LOVE. It will be traded in several years for a FULL EV with 3-row seating.
My newly delivered LIGHTNING PRO, back on August 23rd, hasn't stopped since. 6,000 miles plus and LOVING IT. I had no issues purchasing it outright, even several weeks BEFORE it arrived. I love the EV Credit, but in the end, it won't matter whether the tax credit was available or not. My financial picture aligned with the year this vehicle became available: It's a blessing.
Someone got a nice 2015 Nissan Leaf from me back in May. Someone else got a nice 2014 Ford Focus from me, also back in May. I sold both that I had driven for years at HIGHER prices than I had paid for them, while waiting for this amazing machine to arrive. Crazy.

I love this machine. Quite. Power. Smooth. Easy. 'Fuel' it from home. Tow my camper. ProPower. Leave it ON all the time, if you wish. No idling. No gas. No oil. No engine. No transmission. No muffler. No tailpipe. No gas tank. No drive shafts. No rear end. No gears. No worries.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I might be the opposite of what they are 'looking' for... I've owned several older Nissan Leafs with 60-70 miles of 'range' for several years, with a son in college continuing the drive one, and loves it. My wife's new 1/2 electric HYBRID 2022 Kia Sorento PHEV, plug in Hybrid, which can run purely on EV power for up to 32 miles, is a vehicle she has learned to LOVE. It will be traded in several years for a FULL EV with 3-row seating.
My newly delivered LIGHTNING PRO, back on August 23rd, hasn't stopped since. 6,000 miles plus and LOVING IT. I had no issues purchasing it outright, even several weeks BEFORE it arrived. I love the EV Credit, but in the end, it won't matter whether the tax credit was available or not. My financial picture aligned with the year this vehicle became available: It's a blessing.
Someone got a nice 2015 Nissan Leaf from me back in May. Someone else got a nice 2014 Ford Focus from me, also back in May. I sold both that I had driven for years at HIGHER prices than I had paid for them, while waiting for this amazing machine to arrive. Crazy.

I love this machine. Quite. Power. Smooth. Easy. 'Fuel' it from home. Tow my camper. ProPower. Leave it ON all the time, if you wish. No idling. No gas. No oil. No engine. No transmission. No muffler. No tailpipe. No gas tank. No drive shafts. No rear end. No gears. No worries.

I'm in the same boat where this was a planned purchase into a fleet of vehicles that I own. I had hoped they had read posts here and were contacting me due to the fact that I'm an active member of this forum and extreme proponent of the vehicle and Ford.

Just wanted to follow up that I can share the report is being done by The NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt and the reason they contacted me is they ( this is kind of hilarious) saw a post where we decorated my lightning like the Pizza Planet truck from the movie Toy Story for halloween and I wrote "Had to get a new side hustle to pay for my truck" as a joke and they producer apparently did not get the reference.. It's pretty funny.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
I'm in the same boat where this was a planned purchase into a fleet of vehicles that I own. I had hoped they had read posts here and were contacting me due to the fact that I'm an active member of this forum and extreme proponent of the vehicle and Ford.

Just wanted to follow up that I can share the report is being done by The NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt and the reason they contacted me is they ( this is kind of hilarious) saw a post where we decorated my lightning like the Pizza Planet truck from the movie Toy Story for halloween and I wrote "Had to get a new side hustle to pay for my truck" as a joke and they producer apparently did not get the reference.. It's pretty funny.
Ford F-150 Lightning National News Program looking for new owners for an on camera interview. images (5)

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I was just about to say it sounded like something from NBC News. That story angle fits perfectly with their outlook.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
I spoke with the producer for about 15 minutes on the phone and it really seems like they are trying to cover it from all angles . I just listed some of the topics they covered with me. Also , it’s national network prime time news where they claim they are doing multiple segments covering the whole spectrum and all sides . It is not Fox news or I wouldn’t have taken the call .

That being said , I can only share the information I was given and I may be wrong.
The Fox News comment is irrelevant but important for you I guess.
Most Media outlets find the more Salacious or Controversial they can pose a story or report, the more eyes and ears and mouthes will be talking about it so it's in their business interest to get those of us frustrated, disappointed, and angry even.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Definitely not alone, the 2022 price of the truck I ordered was $47k. My order total is $53k (possibly $58k but my order hasn't been changed for the second price adjustment yet) for the exact same truck (actually missing a few features). The tax credit will probably be half as much for 2023+ as it was in 2022 but we don't really know. I could easily make the $40k work, but pushing $60k is a no go for me. At $60k I'll just buy a used pickup and a new bolt and have $10k+ leftover. That will cover 5+ years of gas and maintenance on the truck.
Sponsored