• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New electric motorcycle drag racing record at 6.61 at 206 mph

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
New record set by True Cousins - Denmark

Off topic because it's not an F150 Lightning but of interest because it's electric.
Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Pretty crazy. I found that a fast EV more or less cured me from needing a fast bike. I still ride, but it's a 125cc. :)

I kind of skipped around the video, but I thought it was interesting to see some people out there who hated electric for drag racing. I wonder if they just have range anxiety?

I remember getting into RC about 15-16 years ago and electric had only recently overtaken nitro in performance. There were still a few nitro rigs out there at the time, but now they're almost nowhere to be found.

I didn't catch what kind of batteries they were actually using - only that they wished they could get their hands on the batteries that Formula E uses.

They said there was a debate on AC vs DC motors which I thought was strange since cars almost exclusively use AC. DC was the only option for RC (not sure if that has changed).