• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update: 23-PU0306-BCF-DET

Has your truck received this update?

• Total voters

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I was looking around online, and may have found a new priority update from FMC. I don't recall reading about this one either. I also attached the PDF, which doesn't explain anything... like usual.

Manufacturer Communication Number: 23PU0306BCDET

Summary

Priority Update 23-PU0306-BCF-DET for 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning vehicles is now available.

Quality Improvements include:

- Removes erroneous "Air Dam Fault" pop-up message

- Improved accuracy of displayed range after AC charging

- Correction a condition where for cabin-preconditioning & heated steering wheel may not be working properly

- Improved route based energy predictions to recommended battery cooling based on expected thermal loading.

-Charger locking pin robustness improvement (retract while off plug)

-Improved 12V battery drain by decreasing the frequency of the vehicle waking up.

-Shorter time to engage electronic park break after drivers door is opened.

- Displayed motor temperature will now increase more gradually.

- Distance to Empty algorithm improvement.

-Improvement to calibration of brake fluid viscosity algorithm to prevent false DTC detection at cold weather

-improved brake bleed quality
Sponsored

Attachments

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I was looking around online, and may have found a new priority update from FMC. I don't recall reading about this one either. I also attached the PDF, which doesn't explain anything... like usual.

Manufacturer Communication Number: 23PU0306BCDET

Summary

Priority Update 23-PU0306-BCF-DET for 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning vehicles is now available.

Quality Improvements include:

- Removes erroneous "Air Dam Fault" pop-up message

- Improved accuracy of displayed range after AC charging

- Correction a condition where for cabin-preconditioning & heated steering wheel may not be working properly

- Improved route based energy predictions to recommended battery cooling based on expected thermal loading.

-Charger locking pin robustness improvement (retract while off plug)

-Improved 12V battery drain by decreasing the frequency of the vehicle waking up.

-Shorter time to engage electronic park break after drivers door is opened.

- Displayed motor temperature will now increase more gradually.

- Distance to Empty algorithm improvement.

-Improvement to calibration of brake fluid viscosity algorithm to prevent false DTC detection at cold weather

-improved brake bleed quality
So have you called your service advisor and asked them to pull up your VIN and check the OTA dashboard to see if this is queued for your truck?

I'm just curious whether anybody has seen this show up yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SmoothJ

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
So have you called your service advisor and asked them to pull up your VIN and check the OTA dashboard to see if this is queued for your truck?
I have not called since I just found out this morning about it. However based on the reasons for the update, I believe it should affect a number of vehicles...if not all.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I'm glad they're fixing the air dam fault bug. That will save at least 5 posts a week from concerned owners.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have not called since I just found out this morning about it. However based on the reasons for the update, I believe it should affect a number of vehicles...if not all.
Well then they'll get this either by the OTA you're referring to or by going to the dealership to get the exact same thing updated by telling their service advisor that their preconditioning doesn't work. Either way the same modules get updated.

Last edited:

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
When I took in my Lightning on Friday I mentioned all these issues since the truck will be there for a while. They did mentioned an OTA was coming to address these. I am assuming the actual OTA will be out later but to get it now you have to take it to the dealer?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER

That one has me slightly concerned, just how bad was the drain?? Glad I drive it regularly to keep the battery topped up.

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum

That one has me slightly concerned, just how bad was the drain?? Glad I drive it regularly to keep the battery topped up.
The truck will use the hvb to charge the 12v, and phantom drain on the lightning is almost non-existent. Not sure there was anything to be concerned about in the first place, but if Ford is updating it, maybe there was?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The truck will use the hvb to charge the 12v, and phantom drain on the lightning is almost non-existent. Not sure there was anything to be concerned about in the first place, but if Ford is updating it, maybe there was?
Phantom drain may not be a problem on the HVB, but 12v drain is a problem for many. A low 12v battery is a big problem many of us have with getting an OTA update. The HVB battery, to my knowledge, does NOT charge the 12v while the truck is off.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
I get these about once a month when I'm plugged into the FCSP, either right before or right after a scheduled charge (12am-6am window). Usually I can hear the FCSP clicking on and off around the same time that these notifications come through, if I'm awake and paying attention. Hopefully the update targets this issue. Its kind of ironic because the notifications only happen when the truck is plugged in.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0306-BCF-DET IMG_70C71DFDFE50-1

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0306-BCF-DET IMG_0528C716A320-1

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Stuck this thread.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Phantom drain may not be a problem on the HVB, but 12v drain is a problem for many. A low 12v battery is a big problem many of us have with getting an OTA update. The HVB battery, to my knowledge, does NOT charge the 12v while the truck is off.
Actually it does, after it gets low enough.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
While ignition status is off, DC-DC is normally off and 12V battery supports the 12V loads.
While ignition is off, if 12V battery reaches 40% state of charge, then vehicle waits 48 hours , before the DC-DC transfers 300 Watt-hours of energy to recharge the 12V battery. The HV power comes from either HV battery or wall power while on plug. If the 12V battery state of charge reaches 30%, then this HV to LV energy transfer happens immediately with no delay.

Note:
• This system was designed to recharge 12V battery while the vehicle was left parked for many days
either on or off plug or occasional drain from customer usage. The 12V battery will wear out if this
energy transfer is completed daily due to aftermarket loads draining the 12V battery down to 40% or lower.

• Vehicle has 35 Amp-hour AGM 12V Battery
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the info @Mike G ! I'm glad to know I was wrong, at least partially. I still wonder how much it was draining for Ford to feel the need for the upcoming update. Do OBDII adapters pull power if left plugged in while the truck is off?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone had this update push OTA yet?
Not yet, I drove the truck today, hoping to see a prompt about it at some point.
Sponsored