• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New Review by The Verge

olliegator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER Antimatter Blue (wave 3, 7.18 build)

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Those that have a Lightning, is the software this slow? I just watched the video review and the software looks terrible. I'll likely use Android Auto the majority of the time anyway, but still.

Ford has promised OTA updates to consistently improve the truck. I hope updating the lag is one of them. I'm concerned that when Android Auto does get released by Ford and it replaces the Sync 4A platform that Ford will forget about those with the older system. Similar to a two year old smartphone. Once the new generation comes out, the old phone is forgotten.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Those that have a Lightning, is the software this slow? I just watched the video review and the software looks terrible. I'll likely use Android Auto the majority of the time anyway, but still.

Ford has promised OTA updates to consistently improve the truck. I hope updating the lag is one of them. I'm concerned that when Android Auto does get released by Ford and it replaces the Sync 4A platform that Ford will forget about those with the older system. Similar to a two year old smartphone. Once the new generation comes out, the old phone is forgotten.
In our Mach-e, it is slow for the first couple minutes after turning the truck on (while it is booting up), but then pretty good after that. Not cellphone fast, but decent.

I would call the speed "OK" and comparable to other in car infotainment systems once it is up and running.

Edit: When I took a dealer demo for a spin, it seemed to be about the same (as best I could tell in a ~1 hour drive).
Sponsored