• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No OTA updates

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
So I picked up my vehicle up 12/4/21, and I was all excited about the OTA updates, however it appears that I might be "stuck" at version 1.4 as I don't see any navigation aids on the dash when using carplay.

I went into Ford PTS and I saw there was no OTA information for the last 60 days on this vehicle, and see the message: " Unable to retrieve the data at this time!". I am connected via Wifi and tried both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands. Both of which connect without any issues and when show no updates when looking for updates.

I tried to do a reset of the APIM by restoring factory settings, and did a power down of the Cellular Module, Central Gateway, and SYNC via fuses (since I have a PowerBoost and the removal of the negative battery terminal doesn't work on these).

Last Recorded State - Software
8/17/2021 5:19:00 PM
SYNC4 v4.0.21136

Last Recorded State - Hardware
11/2/2021 10:12 AM

BUILD DATE: 17-August-2021
RELEASE DATE: 01-November-2021

Any other ideas?
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
I think recall @Jesse-Infotainment had posted info about this in the forscan thread about needing the dealer to manually update the gateway module for some earlier builds so the OTAs would work.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I think recall @Jesse-Infotainment had posted info about this in the forscan thread about needing the dealer to manually update the gateway module for some earlier builds so the OTAs would work.
Yes. I did. I was chastised by someone for saying that but none the less it is true.
The problem is if the earlier OTA didn’t hit then those were laying the ground work for later OTA

That being said there are always other variables to OTA such as ATTs coverage in your area.
It’s is a good idea to update the modules. I stand by that and recommend it.

especially the gateway because it is the main module for OTA. If it doesn’t get up to date the 1.7.1 which is the 21146 apim update will not be available it is depending on the gateway update for that update.

you can’t even update the apim manually in fdrs unless you do the gateway first. That is stated in the TSB as a matter of fact.

OP
OP
SmoothJ

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Sigh... so I guess I have no choice to goto the dealer for this @Jesse-Infotainment ? I purchased the three day pass for the PTS so I didn't have to, but I see no OTA information.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Sigh... so I guess I have no choice to goto the dealer for this @Jesse-Infotainment ? I purchased the three day pass for the PTS so I didn't have to, but I see no OTA information.

PTS wouldnt help you do the updates. You need FDRS. If you send me your vin I can pull your OTA info and send you a pic.

The dealer can be a bit confrontational. Its just a matter of how much your dealer is in tune with the current trucks and the updates and or how good your relationship is. I typically suggest you mention the APIM as an issue since there is a TSB in regards to that . The good thing about that TSB is if your gateway is not up to date they cant update the APIM and the TSB aims them to updating the gateway first.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Hey Jesse-Infotainment, could you please check my VIN as well? 1FTFW1E83MFA09338. Thank you.
Sponsored