• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Noise from passenger area today

TexasGardeningGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Really loud noise today from the passenger area while I was driving was incredibly louder in person as u can see in video I jumped . Anyone know what is was ?

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about a passenger screaming during WOT. 😂

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Not sure what the noise is, but see some nice seat covers!

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Really loud noise today from the passenger area while I was driving was incredibly louder in person as u can see in video I jumped . Anyone know what is was ?

Did this sound like it came from the sound system? If so, it could be related to that dreaded hearing damage boom that a few have experienced.

OP
OP
TexasGardeningGirl

TexasGardeningGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
yes it did come form the sound system that's what it think it was. thank goodness hasn't done it since. others have had issues?

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
yes it did come form the sound system that's what it think it was. thank goodness hasn't done it since. others have had issues?
Not sure why I never got the notification about your reply, sorry about that!

But yeah several people have had this same issue, though for them it was often way worse, and involved a deafening sound, followed by deep pulsing static sounds that could only be shut off by pulling the audio system fuse. Many of those with the severe form of this issue unfortunately suffered permanent hearing damage.

Best i can tell, this has something to do with a failure or manufacturing defect in the amp for the sound system. Up until now it seemed to onlh be affecting Lariats and Platinums with the B&O audio, but you havw an XLT right?

I believe @Lytning had this issue as well.

Mustang11s

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachEauto awd ER XLT Lightning ER
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Tech
Plastic water bottle. Cold shrinks it. Then the cabin warms up and loud snap pop noise. Maybe?

OP
OP
TexasGardeningGirl

TexasGardeningGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Not sure why I never got the notification about your reply, sorry about that!

But yeah several people have had this same issue, though for them it was often way worse, and involved a deafening sound, followed by deep pulsing static sounds that could only be shut off by pulling the audio system fuse. Many of those with the severe form of this issue unfortunately suffered permanent hearing damage.

Best i can tell, this has something to do with a failure or manufacturing defect in the amp for the sound system. Up until now it seemed to onlh be affecting Lariats and Platinums with the B&O audio, but you havw an XLT right?

I believe @Lytning had this issue as well.
wow thanks so much
terrible people have suffered hearing losses
Sponsored