• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Notice From Ford: Battery Replacement Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Received this today (hadn’t noticed a prior email referenced):

Ford F-150 Lightning Notice From Ford: Battery Replacement Needed 3F57E4AF-5EA0-4C7A-8198-2645F27D183B

I’ve not yet called, but has anyone else seen or been through this?
Sponsored

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Seems like battery components - not the whole pack

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Called.

Apparently this issue can cause the truck to unexpectedly brick. Said that the dash ‘wrench’ can appear, then the truck may slow down, or so much as completely stop. Some resolve this temporarily by turning truck off several minutes then restarting. For others the restarting doesn’t resolve the stoppage.

I have a baby due, and delivery scheduled Tuesday morning, so here’s to that not happening on the way to the hospital!

Looking to take it in week after next.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Seems like battery components - not the whole pack
could be, on other hand not sure how to read “
to replace certain high-voltage battery module(s) from your vehicle with new parts free of charge. The replacement parts will help prevent performance degradation of your high-voltage battery”

My ignorance here admitted, I thought the batteries themselves were referred to as the “battery modules”?

In any event…

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Ma'am is not Mam

Sponsored

Mustang11s

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachEauto awd ER XLT Lightning ER
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Tech
I have read the Ford program notice. It is for replacing affected modules inside the battery. Not the entire battery.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
The batteries themselves are usually referred to as cells. The box that contains all the cells are usually referred to as packs. Modules are usually something that have computer chips in them.

Modular is usually used to discuss something that has parts that can be added or removed. The latest battery packs are usually considered modular because individual parts can be replaced when they go bad instead of having to replace entire packs. Of course the manufacturers can use nomenclature that’s only used specifically for their companies.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Apparently this issue can cause the tissue truck to unexpectedly brick.
Can you fix this sentence please? I don't understand what you intended to have there before, I'm assuming, your spellchecker took over.

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
Called.

Apparently this issue can cause the tissue truck to unexpectedly brick. Said that the dash ‘wrench’ can appear, then the truck may slow down, or so much as completely stop. Some resolve this temporarily by turning truck off several minutes then restarting. For others the restarting doesn’t resolve the stoppage.

I have a baby due, and delivery scheduled Tuesday morning, so here’s to that not happening on the way to the hospital!

Looking to take it in week after next.
We just had our 2nd girl delivered a few weeks ago as well. Hope all goes smooth and keep that truck topped off on charge, congrats!

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Can you fix this sentence please? I don't understand what you intended to have there before, I'm assuming, your spellchecker took over.
Fixed - was only a stray word (“tissue”) inserted

issue can cause the truck to brick, unexpectedly - first slows down and then may stop moving altogether (and may not begin moving again)

Sponsored
OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
The batteries themselves are usually referred to as cells. The box that contains all the cells are usually referred to as packs. Modules are usually something that have computer chips in them.
thanks.

I’m left with some residual questions REFord’s assertion that it causes battery degradation. All well and good if they replace the modules and it ceases causing battery degradation. But left unsure that the batteries haven’t already experienced degradation prior to the fix.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
On the positive side, the pack in this truck is among the most serviceable of all EVs. There was a tear down that showed this. This will probably be a one-and-done event.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
My email is slightly different, says to email back or call my reps extension. I thought that was interesting.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E

Modular is usually used to discuss something that has parts that can be added or removed. The latest battery packs are usually considered modular because individual parts can be replaced when they go bad instead of having to replace entire packs. Of course the manufacturers can use nomenclature that’s only used specifically for their companies.
Cells are individual pouches. Cells are combined into arrays. Arrays add the cell voltages, and are roughly 330volts. 4 (SR) or 5 (ER) are paralleled into a battery pack.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
So what's the backstory ? Did you experience any problems prior that you contacted Ford about? Or were you just randomly contacted by Ford?

Curious here if Ford is remotely monitoring our equipment, or if they discovered a bad batch of parts and are contacting owners with parts from that specific batch.

"We have identified that your vehicle is equipped with parts that are not performing as intended."

"...and will use the parts from your vehicle to further evaluate how they function in the field."

Its like they already know that your specific vehicle is faulty, but just not sure as to how faulty. I would really love for it to be true that they remotely monitor, and can contact you before a major failure.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.