• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OBD2 app good for EV

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Is there an OBD2 app that will useful info For EVs ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FYI The Car Scanner app has an F150 Lightning selection.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I used Torque on android. It has a decent amount of information. Forscan can go a bit deeper. Also, A better route planner can work with OBD2 data for better routing and planning.

The only issue with all of this though is....I left my adapter plugged in for a single night, and I got errors about 12v power draw. The one I got says it only draws 3mA at idle, that is really odd that the truck noticed it. Wish the port switched off.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I used Torque on android. It has a decent amount of information. Forscan can go a bit deeper. Also, A better route planner can work with OBD2 data for better routing and planning.

The only issue with all of this though is....I left my adapter plugged in for a single night, and I got errors about 12v power draw. The one I got says it only draws 3mA at idle, that is really odd that the truck noticed it. Wish the port switched off.
The truck doesn't notice it as far as a power draw. But, the adapter keeps the modules in the truck awake, which is the power draw.

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
The truck doesn't notice it as far as a power draw. But, the adapter keeps the modules in the truck awake, which is the power draw.
Hmm... when I connect to it when the truck is powered off though, it says no ECU connection and data values don't seem to update.

I see some switched connectors I can get, so at least if I want the adapter on/off it would save on wear and tear by not requiring plugging it in/unplugging it.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Hmm... when I connect to it when the truck is powered off though, it says no ECU connection and data values don't seem to update.

I see some switched connectors I can get, so at least if I want the adapter on/off it would save on wear and tear by not requiring plugging it in/unplugging it.
Because the truck needs to be on to read modules.

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Yeah I left mine in at first few just a few hours and it drained the 12v to 60%.
Sponsored