• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Observations re: Owner's Manual

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
I've been reading the owner's manual (don't have truck yet). Actually learning a few tips I didn't know. But I thought we needed a place to share observations and post questions regarding the content.

observation: some is copied from ICE manual (they recommend using a lower gear on hills to reduce brake wear).

question: it has "if installed" all over the place. My order doesn't reference most of these things. How does one know whether a feature is installed other than trial and error? Example: cruise control (obvious), adaptive cruise control (probably on the order) and Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control. I had never even heard of this last one until I read it in the owner's manual. How will I know if I have it other than trying to activate it?
Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I've been reading the owner's manual (don't have truck yet). Actually learning a few tips I didn't know. But I thought we needed a place to share observations and post questions regarding the content.

observation: some is copied from ICE manual (they recommend using a lower gear on hills to reduce brake wear).

question: it has "if installed" all over the place. My order doesn't reference most of these things. How does one know whether a feature is installed other than trial and error? Example: cruise control (obvious), adaptive cruise control (probably on the order) and Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control. I had never even heard of this last one until I read it in the owner's manual. How will I know if I have it other than trying to activate it?
Platinum has it all. Lariat with extended range has it.
pro Doesn’t have adaptive.
‘you can see option when u do build a lightning.

someone on here probably has a more complete answer

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Your window sticker will have a lot of those features listed “if included”. Probably your best place to start.

OP
OP
Lightning.Dav

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
Question: in manual about BlueCruise
"Note: For hands-free mode to work, your vehicle must be on certain limited access divided freeways."

Is there a list or map of where BlueCruise currently works? All I could find googling was East Coast data (mache forum)

Sponsored

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Question: in manual about BlueCruise
"Note: For hands-free mode to work, your vehicle must be on certain limited access divided freeways."

Is there a list or map of where BlueCruise currently works? All I could find googling was East Coast data (mache forum)
No but if it's not enabled, it will do normal adaptive cruise. With blue cruise you will see a symbol to take your hands off of the wheel.

In general it seems like most divided major highways with limited exits have it mapped though.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Here's how to test if you have adaptive. Go on the highway and set cruise control. If it slows down and keeps a set distance as you approach a car in your lane, you have it. But if your truck slams into said car, you don't have adaptive. Simple as that.

FWIW, it's kind of a nice feature and i have it my wife's current car, but i rarely use it. I hate the cruise control anyway on long trips because of how it jerks the car into lower gear and revs up the rpms. It scares the shit out of thee kids that I'd rather have asleep. Plus i feel more alert when i work the pedals.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Here's how to test if you have adaptive. Go on the highway and set cruise control. If it slows down and keeps a set distance as you approach a car in your lane, you have it. But if your truck slams into said car, you don't have adaptive. Simple as that.

FWIW, it's kind of a nice feature and i have it my wife's current car, but i rarely use it. I hate the cruise control anyway on long trips because of how it jerks the car into lower gear and revs up the rpms. It scares the shit out of thee kids that I'd rather have asleep. Plus i feel more alert when i work the pedals.
FWIW, no gears and no engine to rev
its in the manual😘

OP
OP
Lightning.Dav

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
its in the manual😘
Yeah, but I know what he means. The cruise control hits the brakes hard to match speeds, and accelerates like a demon to resume.

When I do it I can plan ahead and do everything smoothly. Cruise can't. And doesn't.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, but I know what he means. The cruise control hits the brakes hard to match speeds, and accelerates like a demon to resume.

When I do it I can plan ahead and do everything smoothly. Cruise can't. And doesn't.
I too get what he’s say
.I just couldn’t resist a little play off of it and a little tongue & cheek😏

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
its in the manual😘
Lol. I was curious though how adaptive cruise control would be on an EV. Say it's keeping the preset distance from the car in front of you at 60, but ur preset speed is 70..when you decide to switch lanes, will the truck punch it to get you to 70, or slowly bring you up to speed? Would love some feedback from someone that has theirs already with adaptive and can compare to and ICE adaptive system.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Lol. I was curious though how adaptive cruise control would be on an EV. Say it's keeping the preset distance from the car in front of you at 60, but ur preset speed is 70..when you decide to switch lanes, will the truck punch it to get you to 70, or slowly bring you up to speed? Would love some feedback from someone that has theirs already with adaptive and can compare to and ICE adaptive system.
My Kia Niro EV has a decent acceleration after the car ahead is no factor but it starts well after I would have with the pedal. Much like the distance it follows. It doesn’t put any pressure on the guy ahead to get out of the fast lane.
It is a better system than my 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro for sure and accelerates faster and far smoother. Also the deceleration is very smooth. Unfortunately my Pro won’t have it.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Me too! In my 2018 Honda Accord, it is smooth and steady, and with no hesitation.
given the instant torque of the Lightning, it will be interesting to see how the engineers programmed itđŸ€”

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My Kia Niro EV has a decent acceleration after the car ahead is no factor but it starts well after I would have with the pedal. Much like the distance it follows. It doesn’t put any pressure on the guy ahead to get out of the fast lane.
It is a better system than my 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro for sure and accelerates faster and far smoother. Also the deceleration is very smooth. Unfortunately my Pro won’t have it.
My Honda is an ICE model. The performance on a freeway, especially stop n’ go is great. It will start the car moving again after it stops, as long as the car in front of you isn’t stopped more than ~10 sec. It is challenged sometimes on backroads when you come upon a stopped or slow vehicle after cresting a blind rise or decent curve
 it will miss the obstruction and maintain or accelerate to speed
quite exciting if your not anticipating itđŸ˜±.

The Honda too will hesitate a bit when a car moves out of your path like moving to the right on the freeway or moving into turn lane/turning at a cross intersection. It irritates the drivers who are trailing, so I always give the accelerator a nudge if I have trailing traffic if I’m using it on backroads

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lightning.Dav

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
Regarding tire rotation, the manual shows the old full bias ply scheme. I thought this wasn't allowed with radial tires (changing their direction of rotation).

Ford F-150 Lightning Observations re: Owner's Manual rotatio

Opinions, anyone?
Sponsored