• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
INFORMATION
23MY F-150 Lightning Order Bank Open Information

ACTION REQUESTED
Inform your teams of Order Bank Open timing and reservation to order details for 23MY F-150 Lightning

SUMMARY
23MY F-150 Lightning pricing and order guides will be published on August 9th. Ford will continue to utilize the Wave Invitation Approach to convert remaining retail reservation holders to orders for 23MY production. Any 22MY invited reservation holder that chose “Extend My Reservation” on an unavailable configuration previously will be prioritized first to be invited to place an order in the month of August.

23MY F-150 Lightning Key Product Updates
  • Launch of Police SSV Package for Ford Pro Customers
  • Standard-Range Battery Increases Range to 240 Miles
  • All-New Pro Trailer Hitch Assist Technology included in Tow Technology Package
  • New Paint Colors
    • Avalanche Gray
    • Azure Gray Metallic
  • Removed 22MY Content
    • AM Radio
    • Paint Colors: Iced Blue Silver, Smoked Quartz Metallic, Atlas Blue
Key Dates
  • August 9th
    • 23MY F-150 Lightning Price List, Order Guide and Build & Price available
  • August 10th
    • Ford Pro Commercial Customer ordering available
  • August 11th
    • Wave 1 Invitations = All 22MY invited Pro Series “Extend My Reservation” waitlist reservation holders
  • August 24th
    • Wave 2 Invitations = All 22MY invited XLT Series “Extend My Reservation” waitlist reservation holders
  • Mid-September
    • Wave 3 Invitations = First 23MY wave invitation period that will begin to invite remaining unconverted F-150 Lightning reservation holders
      Note: More information will be available in early September for Wave 3 invitation detail as well as 23MY Wave Invite ordering plan for remaining unconverted reservation holders.
23MY Retail Reservation to Order Process
  • Ford will continue to invite reservation holders to place orders in waves for 23MY ordering
  • F-150 Lightning will continue to leverage both online & offline reservation to order conversion
  • ONLY invited reservation holder orders that are converted (either online & offline) will be selected for scheduling
    • Order Amendments should be made in WBDO
    • CONCEPS orders & amendments will not be accepted (will result in compatibility errors)
22MY to 23MY Model Year Change Over (MYCO) Retail Customer Orders
Through the month of August, scheduling will continue to finalize the remaining weeks of final Build-Out scheduling for 22MY F-150 Lightning. Any unscheduled 22MY F-150 Lightning customer orders that do not schedule in 22MY production will be converted to a 23MY order. Ford is targeting the week of August 22nd to begin the 22MY to 23MY MYCO process for any remaining unscheduled customer orders. It is important that existing unscheduled 22MY F-150 Lightning orders are not cancelled.

23MY Wave Invitations
  • 23MY Wave 1 & 2 invitations will specifically target all 22MY invited reservation holders that chose to “Extend My Reservation” for a 22MY Pro Series or XLT Series unavailable configuration previously.
  • Wave 3 will be the first 23MY wave invitations that will begin to invite remaining unconverted F-150 Lightning reservation holders.
  • Prior to each invitation wave, the Ford.com online configurator will be updated to provide directional ETA’s of vehicle delivery timing based on the availability of each configuration.
  • Dealers will be able to confirm the list of reservation holders for their dealership in each wave directly prior to each specific wave via the ROVP site. (i.e. 23MY Wave 1 invite list will be noted as “2301” in the ROVP reservation report dashboard)
  • Wave 1 Invites
    • Invitee list: All 22MY invited Pro Series “Extend My Reservation” waitlist reservation holders
    • Timing: Pro Series ordering available August 11th through August 22nd
      Note: Invited reservation holders will have the ability to order other available configurations through September 30th
  • Wave 2 Invites
    • Invitee list: All 22MY invited XLT Series “Extend My Reservation” waitlist reservation holders
    • Timing: XLT Series ordering available August 24th through September 5th
      Note: Invited reservation holders will have the ability to order other available configurations through September 30th
  • More information will be available in early September for Wave 3 invitation detail as well as 23MY Wave Invite ordering plan for remaining unconverted reservation holders.
  • Note: Each 23MY wave invitation ordering period available configurations, pricing, and estimated delivery timing is subject to change and not guaranteed until time of order.
23MY F-150 Lightning Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer
Any current 22MY F-150 Lightning retail customer order that is converted to a 23MY order via MYCO process and 22MY invited reservation holders who chose to “Extend My Reservation” for an unavailable configuration previously will be eligible for a 23MY F-150 Lightning Transition Private Offer. Please refer to separate 23MY F-150 Lightning Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer communication for full details.

F-150 Lightning Ford Pro Commercial Customer Ordering
  • 23MY F-150 Lightning ordering will be available beginning on August 10th
  • For Ford Pro customers, 23MY F-150 Lightning will be following the quarterly ordering process to better manage scheduling and allocations
    • Details on the Quarterly Allocation Order Bank Management Process can be found in EFC #10107, May 30, 2022
    • 56A Customers -- FIN allocation cap (limit) for quarter is 4 unless otherwise authorized by Ford account manager
    • 56M Customers -- FIN allocation cap (limit) for quarter is 4
  • Due to the overwhelming demand for the F-150 Lightning, not all orders will be able to be produced. Please set expectations with your customers accordingly.
  • All orders (regardless of initial submission or resubmission) need to go through the Ford Pro Order Verification Process (EFC#10100, May 30, 2022)
  • Orders submitted in excess of FIN allocation volume:
    • Will not be considered for scheduling.
    • Will not be rolled over or price protected and will be excised from the order bank if orders remain at the end of the quarter.
  • Order Status for orders received after final order due date, each quarter, or are in excess of FIN allocation, will reflect “Material Hold-Quarterly Order Bank Closed”.
  • 23MY F-150 Lightning Ordering
Chip Shortage Impact
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered on a timely basis to meet customer demand. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. The following 22MY F-150 Lightning actions continue to be implemented for 23MY F-150 Lightning Orders through 4Q 2022:
  • Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion Removal (91X) is required (Platinum)
  • Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch Removal (63X) is required (Optional Tow Technology Package on Pro, XLT, & Lariat 510A. Standard on Lariat 511A & Platinum)
Sponsored

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
" Any unscheduled 22MY F-150 Lightning customer orders that do not schedule in 22MY production will be converted to a 23MY order. Ford is targeting the week of August 22nd to begin the 22MY to 23MY MYCO process for any remaining unscheduled customer orders. It is important that existing unscheduled 22MY F-150 Lightning orders are not cancelled. "

I sure hope those that are still unscheduled are scheduled soon. This is a bad move by Ford since they added additional waves prior to filling out these orders.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Guess I’m screwed on a Pro then because I clicked on the extend link under XLT when I extended my reservation. Had no idea that was locking me into a trim. I’m not buying an XLT so I’m out. They should have stuck to FIFO.

OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Guess I’m screwed on a Pro then because I clicked on the extend link under XLT when I extended my reservation. Had no idea that was locking me into a trim. I’m not buying an XLT so I’m out. They should have stuck to FIFO.
It sounds like you might still get a pro. You just wont get the first shot at it. You're better off than people who didn't get to extend.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
No AM radio? I'm out.
You may be joking, but this could be a major consideration for some. I have read that AM radio is still very popular in the mid-west (hence the huge antenna).

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
" Any unscheduled 22MY F-150 Lightning customer orders that do not schedule in 22MY production will be converted to a 23MY order. Ford is targeting the week of August 22nd to begin the 22MY to 23MY MYCO process for any remaining unscheduled customer orders. It is important that existing unscheduled 22MY F-150 Lightning orders are not cancelled. "

I sure hope those that are still unscheduled are scheduled soon. This is a bad move by Ford since they added additional waves prior to filling out these orders.
The first two waves are basically MY22 extensions for those who wanted PRO/XLT trims.

The first wave of new conversions isn't until Wave3 (Sept). If MY22 hasn't been fully scheduled by mid Sept there are some bigger issues at play. Since the new waves are MY23, none should be scheduled before Oct 10 anyway...

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
The first two waves are basically MY22 extensions for those who wanted PRO/XLT trims.

The first wave of new conversions isn't until Wave3 (Sept). If MY22 hasn't been fully scheduled by mid Sept there are some bigger issues at play. Since the new waves are MY23, none should be scheduled before Oct 10 anyway...
I was speaking of people that put in orders in Waves 1, 2, 3+ that still don't have a scheduled date while I ordered in Wave 7 and have a production date of 08/29 week.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was speaking of people that put in orders in Waves 1, 2, 3+ that still don't have a scheduled date while I ordered in Wave 7 and have a production date of 08/29 week.
I'm in the same boat as you(wave 7) and I get it.

If I was a wave 1,2, 3 and didn't have a production date I'd be mad as hell also.

But I don't think any of the new wave invites will get scheduled sooner than those 1,2,3 MY22 invites. The only fault I guess is Ford not "taking care of old business" before taking on more work, but that's assembly line manufacturing in a nutshell.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You may be joking, but this could be a major consideration for some. I have read that AM radio is still very popular in the mid-west (hence the huge antenna).
It all started to go downhill when there were no more cassette decks....

Funny story-- my wife and I were taking her car to dinner the other night(2009 Escape) and on a whim she popped in a CD that was in the center console. I can't even remember the last time(prior to that) we had used that CD player. Several years ago..at least....

Sponsored

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I'm in the same boat as you(wave 7) and I get it.

If I was a wave 1,2, 3 and didn't have a production date I'd be mad as hell also.

But I don't think any of the new wave invites will get scheduled sooner than those 1,2,3 MY22 invites. The only fault I guess is Ford not "taking care of old business" before taking on more work, but that's assembly line manufacturing in a nutshell.
We do have some members here who have stated their dealer told them their order will be 23 instead of 22 now. I'm talking more about them, and there are quite a few on our tracker that have orders with no dates. I'm hoping to god they get scheduled here in the next 2 weeks.

OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What is a little grey is the whole idea of extended reservations. For Waves 1-5 it was kind of straight forward. for Wave 6 dealers were calling people to see if they would take a Lariat. I told my Dealer I was trying to Pro/XLT, and that meant the next guy took the Lariat and I was not marked down as an extension. So now I may not get the Private cash or any prioritization in the first 2 waves of 2023 even though I was skipped over in line to wait for a lower trim.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We do have some members here who have stated their dealer told them their order will be 23 instead of 22 now. I'm talking more about them, and there are quite a few on our tracker that have orders with no dates. I'm hoping to god they get scheduled here in the next 2 weeks.

Me too. I'm not trying to excuse Ford here...

PS--I've seen it mentioned here and there, but I don't know what is up with the dealers telling people to order 2023s. I don't think Ford has told dealers to do that--last I heard Ford planned to schedule every 2022 order still unscheduled. I haven't heard anyone talking seriously about a definite 22->23 rollover (yet).. Some are speculating its possible. I'm thinking its more of dealer misinformation than a "thing". Only exception could be a smoked quartz paint issue...

Last edited:

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I am one of those customers.
When I placed my order my dealer told me that they were allocated 12 trucks and I was #6. I am still sitting unscheduled even though my order would have fallen under wave 2 (Canada is a completely different ordering system and timing - we had no waves).
Can't even check the order status as the Canadian site has been "under maintenance" since last Wednesday.
According to the article we should be scheduled by Aug 26 or kicked to a MY23