• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OFFICIAL/CERTIFIED lift and level kits for Lightning?

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
Anyone know of/find a manufacturer's official or otherwise certified/tested lift and leveling kits for their Lightning? I've seen most of the posts of people using various options, but doesn't appear any of them are listed on the manufacturer websites as fitting/support the Lightning. I've seen the Stage 3 MS, Rough Country, and Readylift top spacers, and it doesn't look like Bilstein or Fox have coilovers or replacement leveling struts that are "official" yet either.
Sponsored

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Sorry to thread bomb, but I have a related question: how much does it typically cost to get a level? I have 0 mechanic experience and no tools needed, so doing it myself isn't really an option.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
If you can follow directions and are patient, a YouTube video and proper tools makes it a driveway job with proper jack stands.
Some are made where you don't have to have a coil compressor and they mount between the strut top and has threaded mounts that go up into the three holes the original one did. Couple people on the forum have shown their setup just search. You will have to get an alignment if you care at all about your tires!

OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry to thread bomb, but I have a related question: how much does it typically cost to get a level? I have 0 mechanic experience and no tools needed, so doing it myself isn't really an option.
Depends on which route you go- maybe ~$500 for the spacers that go on top of the coils, ~$2000 for adjustable shocks.

I was just calling around today for options/prices. As @Regular150 mentions, the spacers are pretty simple and could possibly be done yourself. I had the spacers on my previous 2014 and they did fine, although most of the shops recommend shocks instead for the lift AND the improved ride, plus less potential issues down the road (spacers effect suspension travel and depending on how hard you hit them could cause damage)

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
I find the lightning a bit ”floaty” and would lime a bit of a level using new coil overs for better handling. I’m hoping someone like bilstein will make a kit for the lightning soon. I know some folks have been using kits from regular f150s but I’m assuming their will be a sku for,the lightning at some point.

OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I find the lightning a bit ”floaty” and would lime a bit of a level using new coil overs for better handling. I’m hoping someone like bilstein will make a kit for the lightning soon. I know some folks have been using kits from regular f150s but I’m assuming their will be a sku for,the lightning at some point.
"Floaty" is a great description of the feel. Personally, I like that aspect of the feel, especially coming from a 2014 F150 which was way more stiff
Sponsored